Woww those first photos are wild.

I've got this natural aversion to tall tall buildings now, only heightened by seeing the images of those skyscrapers in Tokyo on March 11th. I think I would have had a heart attack if I were up there and that happened.

You've got to have plenty of balls to play up there in the first place, I reckon, so perhaps not such a big problem!

good point.... As I'm afraid of heights my balls would be hiding up around my tonsils..

You've got to have plenty of balls to play up there in the first place, I reckon, so perhaps not such a big problem!

good point.... As I'm afraid of heights my balls would be hiding up around my tonsils..

I'm not really sure of the ATP rules, but I'm guessing that that's probably against the rules

I'm not really sure of the ATP rules, but I'm guessing that that's probably against the rules

:bumtish: :highfive:

• 2 weeks later...

I sort of meant... why is Dubai becoming what it is becoming?

I read somewhere that they are trying to diversity their income, rather than just relying on oil, that will eventually dry up, to other incomes, such as tourist attractions and a business hub for Asia / Middle East.

Dunno how the extravagant buildings and helipad tennis court come into play though. ;)

Dubai's oil is pretty much all gone. They're spending past earnings in hopes of turning the place into a tourism/financial center. The tourism idea has always struck me as absurd (though I suppose they could challenge Beirut for title of The Place Where Oil-Rich Muslims Go to Sin). They are (were) having some success in creating a center for Islamic finance, but I suspect the global financial crisis has at least set them back badly on that front. They had to be bailed out earlier this year -- or was it last year? -- by Abu Dhabi, which still does have a good deal of oil.