When you know people are lying....?

You know, when you just know without any doubt that people are lying.....

- I didn't get that email (when you know they did because they actually replied to it!);

- I was ill (when you know they weren't because you saw them in a restaurant);

etc

Do you forgive the little white lies thinking that you do it yourself, or think much less of them?

Ah yes the email one is a well worn one now isn't it. The perfect excuse "Oh I didn't get that email, can you resend it". Always gives you some more time, or reminds you of something you promised to do!

Of course doesn't work if in the meantime you actually replied to it! :doh:

You know, when you just know without any doubt that people are lying.....

- I didn't get that email (when you know they did because they actually replied to it!);

- I was ill (when you know they weren't because you saw them in a restaurant);

etc

Do you forgive the little white lies thinking that you do it yourself, or think much less of them?

I think "what a wanker" and often shake my head furiously.

ooohhhh....

A question of morals over social lubricant, huh? :confused:

I had a guy blame satellite interception due to CHOGM for no one receiving an important email. Yeah... umm... I think it was in your outbox the whole time. :slap:

Personally I much prefer to be open, honest, and upfront. Probably reveal a little too much about myself, my feeling and beliefs in the process. But it is so much easier to sleep at night. And what you see is what you get - so no surprises.

If I get an email I forget to respond to (and know it) I will just say "Oh sh!t, sorry! Totally forgot!" - and I have had to do so within the last 7 days.

If I have a vague recollection but am not quite sure I will say "You probably sent it, but I can't recall it. I am so sorry. Would you mind resending it".

If I know someone is lying, yeah...my opinion of them lowers. Do you not have the balls to accept fallibility? Suggests a bit of a need to be 'seen' to be right, rather than a desire to be right, if you know what I mean.

There is a grey area when it will affect someones life however.

Sometimes much as you want to tell the truth you best find some brain bleach and forget that you know what you know.

Sometimes it is fun to put a bit of pressure on the subject and get them to squirm with a final big reveal where they are seen by all to be the liars they are!

eek

I am afraid I just could not do that to someone.

I might privately give them the raised eyebrow that lets them know I am onto them.

But I just could not humiliate someone's who's self esteem is already so low they can't man up.... it's like priding yourself on beating the fat kid in a sprint race.

I suppose I was exaggerating there Mamabear as I am not into humiliating people either. :friend:

But there have been times when it has been fun to let them know they are lying. Small time stuff and not in open public.

Sorry pie-eater...reading my post back it sounds a bit harsh! :eyes:

I didn't mean to point the finger. Was just expressing how *I* felt.

I have seen it done in a devestating way by others - and it really sucks.

Having said that, in our family when we get the idea one of the kids is spinning a yarn of dubious honesty the pearler:

"...and so anyway, the other day while I was riding my Unicorn...."

gets pulled out. ;)

Lying, well depends on the situation. To protect someone's feeling, or stop hurting them, then I guess it is ok.

If they are lying for attention or to cover up something they have done wrong, then they are fair game.

Come on, sometimes it's fun!

Examples:

- outing thursday when he pretends to be someone else

- outing marketing-heads who simply are unable to take their marketing hat off, no matter what

- people who generally are pretending to be someone they are not, usually for their own gain

Cunning (or not) deceivers deserve to be outed!

:cheers:

Examples:

- outing marketing-heads who simply are unable to take their marketing hat off, no matter what

- people who generally are pretending to be someone they are not, usually for their own gain

yeah I like this one too!! And dammit, that fat kid needs to learn....fatties shouldn't do running races!! Yeah, take that fat-boy!!

I have no issues with lying, if the circumstance requires it - for example, I'd be a terrible parent if I chose to set the kids straight about Santa on day 1.

In other situations, I might manipulate the truth a bit, if needed, but I wont resort to lying.

My sister recently bought a car, and asked me what I thought (and i'm a car fan, she bought some sort of shopping trolley).

firslty i asked her if she wanted to hear what she wanted to hear, or did she genuinely want to know what I thought.

She asked for the truth, so I told her I thought it was overpriced and ugly as sin

Gee I just looooove toying with my sister! :lol:

Examples:

'

What tipped you off about Thurs, I mean Alex? and are there other alias's (what's the plural of alias?)