Yesterday was a lush day and I was out on my bike for most of the afternoon, cycling up into Kamakura and back along the beach road to Enoshima and Fujisawa, afterwards a mate suggested a wee dip in the onsen (well it was really a sento, but the rotemburo is cool).......1st time since last winter and damn I love onsen!! The night air is cool enough now that you can leave the bath and cool off and then the bath feels nice and hot when you slip back in. Body feels great today.....ahhhhhh!!

Yesterday was a lush day and I was out on my bike for most of the afternoon, cycling up into Kamakura and back along the beach road to Enoshima and Fujisawa, afterwards a mate suggested a wee dip in the onsen (well it was really a sento, but the rotemburo is cool).......1st time since last winter and damn I love onsen!! The night air is cool enough now that you can leave the bath and cool off and then the bath feels nice and hot when you slip back in. Body feels great today.....ahhhhhh!!

How far was that round trip Tubby?

Going for a 50km ride today I think through some Kent countryside.

It wasn't as long as your planned trip....about 25km. I was scouting out a route to work, I've decided to cycle to work (when it isn't raining), get a wee bit exercise built into my day and hopefully see an improvement on my waistline. To and from work will only be 17kms all up......I detoured down to the beach as its a beautiful route to cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

Onsen water at home. Lucky boy!

We've got a Japanese bath, but no onsen. The window's quite big so it feels like a rotenburo with it open. There's a garden outside so its pretty mellow when the kids aren't about.

My father in law built it during the bubble years when cash was flowing like water. At that time it was around 30 large to just get started (not including the rare granite it's made of or any of the building costs). Now we pay around 18,000 yen per month flat fee.......use or no use.