Wow, and who is that paid to?

The company that pumps, regulates and distributes the water I guess. Most of the houses around us are on the same supply. The water is pretty good..very mineral rich with little to no smell and comes out scalding hot.

Not a silly question. Ya..it's not quite directly from the ground as some might think. I would like to investigate it further too as I imagine with the possibility of fluctuations in water pressure, temperature and dangerous gasses there are safety issues to be considered. It does from time to time get a little "sulphery" and you get a slight wiff of ripe eggs.

That is slot of money. But if it was used to heat the house in winter, then it it well worth it.

I hear lots of health healing claims from drinkingdry onset water. True or just a load of blow water?

The thing with onsens is that they don't all come gushing out at the surface under their own pressure.Quite a few of them go very deep. A couple of Hakuba's are over a kilometer and the one at Chubu airport is 1.4km. That's some expensive drilling and a lot of insulated pipe to pay for.

Lots of onsen bathhouses filter, reheat and then recycle their water because they don't have enough. Any otaku guide to onsens in Japanese will tell you which ones don't. 18000 yen a month for a gusher at home sounds okay to me! Especially if you can divert it through a couple of radiators on the sly flrst. Or maybe a greenhouse full of exotic herbal plants popular in British Columbia....

• Like 1

Yes. It isn't cheap by any means but from Oct. to Apr. its three times a day....so not that bad. And after a cold surf session it's heaven to just jump in suit and all.

I am rebuilding my outside deck right now and I've been entertaining the idea of splitting off the water works and build a rotenburro. The only problem is the plumbing of the waste water. Mr wiggles.....yes, some BC bud would be a nice treat. Lol.

• Like 1