Snowboarding in Japan compared to Australia

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm this to be true. The nearest resort to Wigan is the "Runcorn Ski Centre". Here's a gnarly vid from there, some rocking freestyle going on there. Are you gnarly enough to watch?

The "resort":

Ski%20Centre.jpg

Average snowfall in a year - about 20-30cm.

A nice view of nearby Runcorn

power-station-refinery-Runcorn-Cheshire.

Even when someone has the income to ride where ever they choose, many dont bother with Australia. For me thats certainly the case, although some of the BC that GN mentions sounds interesting. For me Australia is over priced and normally shit snow, but then again I expect to ride on snow, not grass and rocks smile Go to Japan, mid to late Jan and you wont look back! Not even to Falls Creek LOL.

My first ski resort had a lift with 5 towers. Ive seen some nice terrain in Aus very unique for sure. It might not be a powder mecca but still I would go. The camping culture there in trailer parks just looks so cool to me. There are ways to reduce the cost and I would do more BC like Go Native to reduce the costs.

Gooble you will be blown a way with japan I remember the first time I went to Japan in 2007 after 2 season's at fall's & 2 at Hotham I could not belive the amount of snow. Went to Niseko with some mate's and will alway's remember the excavator with a bucket as big as a car removing snow from around the village to be trucked away. Have been going back each year scince with the family and like mamabear try to have a top up in Aus if possible only 2 day's this year though. Not wishing the year away but hurry up feb 2012.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
The original indoor snow dome thingo that was proposed for Perth pre-GFC is still being looked at with a dry slope surface.... so you never know...

oooooo I had forgotten about that! Wonder what's happening there?? wakaranai