Some pretty crazy rain here today and my neighbourhood is, for want of a better way, flooded. Good job my house is not on the ground floor.

Next seen it like this it's quite scary. I hope the rain stops and this can clear away.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they got there.

If it is even happening.

Here in Minamiuonuma the roads are flooded, Route 17 is closed and my road is like a river. Water up to the 2nd step of my building.

Scary situation to be honest.

Frankly I don't really care about people up at Fuji Rock Festival.

The mad rain here continues, roads are flooded up to your knees and people are being evacuated from their flooded homes.

Keep dry guys - my thought are with those already impacted by the earthquake/tsunami and evac's from Fukushima area who are now getting clobbered with rain of this extent.

Shocking stuff.

We were worried about our 14 yr old son who is in Seoul - lots of damage and deaths there from this same system. But heard back from him last night - he is safe and unaffected so far.

Certainly been coping a soaking here in Perth also - but nothing like you guys are having!

Taking nothing away from your experience Muika (which I'm sure was probably more intense!), I once had something similar happen while camping in Shikoku. I think we ended up with 500mm in 24hrs. It was definitely scary as we had no where to go... Glad to hear you are alright.

Glad to hear the rain has stopped over there in Niigata, we had some of your rain here this afternoon absolutely pi><ed it down for a couple of hours flooded everywhere for a short time, nothing like you had though. Rather gave everywhere a jolly good soaking, with out the problems.

Seems Japan is being hammered with one disaster after another, what else can we expect!