The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

yeah thats the ones I mean.

So it was only the filthy disgusting Glasgow team who didn't wear them.....arseholes

Of course they wouldn't. With them being Scottish, it means they have to do the same thing as the English, but at a different time, so they can complain about:

A) those English bastards;

B) the imperialistic rule of the English government;

C) those imperialistic English bastards of the English government or

D) all of the above.

No........its because they are Irish (of the plastic variety), and....

it means they have to do the same thing as the English, but at a different time, so they can complain about:

A) those English bastards;

B) the imperialistic rule of the English government;

C) those imperialistic English bastards of the English government or

D) all of the above.

Most of the SPL had Poppy's on their shirt

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

I think the "everyone on television must wear a poppy" thing is weird and creepy. It seems like it was hyped by Blair to drum up support for the Afghanistan and Iraq invasions, because it was never as high profile before. It seems little different to Fox News and their "support the troops" propaganda. Make the troops into martyrs so no-one questions what they are fighting for and what the plan is.

As for the football, a welcome-for-once international break and then.... THE CLASH OF THE INVINCIBLES!!!!

I have always bought Poppies from the old guys in medals and berets in the streets, I don't think its politicised at all.....soldiers have to go in to difficult situations regardless of who is in the hot seat....for that I feel we should give them our support......the why and the rage that follows should be focussed squarely on the shyster politicians who put them in there.......again, regardless of who they are.

I for one don't really associate the Poppy with the wars that have been waged recently (although those soldiers are just as worthy), mainly its those who died in the 2 world wars an the subsequent freedoms that we've enjoyed since. Wearing a small red flower for a day is the least we can do and the shameful display by Celtic fans last year left me ashamed that they were from the same country as myself......

article-1327712-0BF387EC000005DC-805_468x220.jpg

Tevez is funny

Tévez has decided not to contest a fine of £396,000 - reduced from £792,000 following the intervention of the Professional Footballers’ Association - as a result of being found guilty of five breaches of contract while a substitute during the 2-0 defeat in the Allianz Arena on Sept 27.

The news broke as he landed at Ezeiza Airport in Buenos Aires at 9.40am local time on Tuesday, despite a request to return to Argentina being declined by Roberto Mancini.

After another annoying "international break", its back to the Premier League as Wigan continue their fight for that Champions League spot.

On telly this weekend:

Saturday

Norwich vs Arsenal, 9:45pm

Manchester City vs Newcastle, midnight

Swansea vs Man Utd, 2:30am

Sunday

Chelsea vs Liverpool, 1am

Tuesday, or something

Spurs vs Aston Villa

Midnight was do-able. When it gets to a 1am or 2am start things start getting silly. Maybe on a Saturday.

I don't think I'll be able to manage the game on Sunday/Monday, as "massive" as it is.

Yes, its the Clash of the Invincibles. Harrods vs. Lidl.

Apparently Newcastle are 10-1 to win. Its the longest odds for any team this weekend, even higher than Swansea vs. ManU. Considering the Toon are third and have the league's best defensive record, that's pretty crazy odds.