I'm thinking about getting some new sunglasses - once that I could wear out and about and also when skiing. For good days of course. Something fairly sporty, but not overly sporty looking.

Any good ideas?

You might want to check out some Oakleys. They have a big range outside the really sporty looking ones too.

I like Oakleys but I can't justify spending so much on a pair of sunglasses. I'm also hopeless at taking care of stuff and I would lose them or break them pretty quickly.....that's why I go for Uni Qlo's 1000 yen ones, cheap n cheerful and do the job

I always prefer sunglasses to goggles. Never go out when it's bad weather anyway really, the big wuss I am! Got some Ray-Bans, had them for years. Still love them things.

I wear sunglasses when the weather is fine too, mainly for driving, but I never buy expensive ones as no matter how careful I am with them I usually manage to loose, break or misplace them after a short time.

I actually almost never wear sunglasses. I have some for Spring skiing conditions in fine/warm weather but that's it. I much prefer goggles over sunglasses and only switch to sunnies if it's very warm.

I've had the same sunglasses for skiing for around 12 years now. Probably worn them only once or twice a year.

I'm the opposite actually I wear them almost every time I am outside and throughout the year. Unless it's dull or dark of course ( doh ). Oh, and I don't wear them indoors either. wink

• 2 weeks later...

One other thing about sunglasses.

If you wear el cheapo pnes, they may not be doing anything to actually protect your eyes, and even do them some harm.

I like a good pair of sunglasses.

There was something I read a long time ago that essentially said that cheap sunglasses are worse for your eyes than no sunglasses at all because:

1) poor optics cause distortion that make your eyes work overtime focusing, so you get eye strain.

2) dark tint without any UVA/UVB protection makes the iris in your eye open larger (because it is dark) and allow more UVA/UVB to reach your corneas.