Originally Posted By: Saitaman
Well yes. I expect you know what I mean, Mr Happy.

Yeah sorry, had some bad news a couple mins before I saw this re another close mate seriously ill and sort of missed the point of the thread. My bad.

Full fat is THE way to go!! Anything else has lost flavour to the removal of fat.

In fact, what is usually sold here in Aus as "full fat" has had some of the fat removed for use in manufacture of butter, and other by products. We are lucky here, in that there is a "gold top" milk which is sold by a local dairy which has NO fat removed. They also sell reduced fat and "skim" milk, and they sell an awesome "double cream" that has to be extracted from the container with a spoon, it will not pour!

Ah, the old gold and silver bottle tops - I'd get into trouble as a kid because of sticking my finger in the freshly opened bottle just to pinch the cream that floated to the top.

I miss glass bottles - the milk tasted 'cleaner' and definitely lasted longer - I suspect the thermal qualities of thick glass are superior to thin plastic.

King Island cream - comes in a tub like margarine, so thick it can be spread like it too. SOOOOOO bloody nice.

Though, can't help thinking, there is something seriously wrong with drinking the milk of other species?

every morning me and my brother would fight over who got the first pour of the milk over our Frosties!! yummy Sometimes if it was too bad, then my mum would tip the bottle up so that the cream would mix with the milk, triggering howls and cries from us

Australian Cadburys does some real weird bars. One like Neapolitan ice cream and another with gummy worms in it.

As for skimmed milk, no thanks. My missus likes cream pasta, so we normally have a litre of cream in the fridge anyway!