Any ideas on how to slow down time?

Every month, week and day just seems to be whizzing past faster every year. I can't believe it is mid February, I'm wondering where it is going. And realising my parents are in their 70's, and stuff like that. Wow.

Anyone got any tips for slowing time down? Perhaps a group effort might help?

sadface

Best way is to do more exciting things. Obviously if all you're doing is mostly working and other things you do all the time nothing stands out to remember, it all appears to just fly by. Get out more and do more so that you have a whole lot of great things to remember. It helps to make it feel as though it didn't all just go by in a flash.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Best way is to do more exciting things. Obviously if all you're doing is mostly working and other things you do all the time nothing stands out to remember, it all appears to just fly by. Get out more and do more so that you have a whole lot of great things to remember. It helps to make it feel as though it didn't all just go by in a flash.

I would say the opposite! lol

When I am bored the days tend to drag.
When I am pumped and doing new things all the time - time fly's.

Bottom line: older you get - faster it seems to go. :(

True maybe on the the day MB (time always flys when having fun!) but I find when you look back over say the previous year it doesn't feel as though it flew by so quick if you have lots and lots of memories of amazing things you did. If you did little more than work your butt off or other boring day to day stuff it feels like it all went by in a flash.

"Run and you run to catch up with sun but it's sinking,

racing around to come up behind you again.

The sun is the same in a relative way but your older,

shorter of breath and one day closer to death"

Classic.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: Go Native

I would say the opposite! lol

When I am bored the days tend to drag.
When I am pumped and doing new things all the time - time fly's.

Bottom line: older you get - faster it seems to go. :(

Totally.

Exciting stuff - goes well quick.
Boring stuff and work - goes slow

Every year - gets faster.
Originally Posted By: charlotte

Anyone got any tips for slowing time down?

sadface

Try eating a bar of chocolate one square at a time at fifteen-minute intervals.

Indoor exercise machines are very good at slowing down time too.

Only way is to get younger, then each day will be a larger proportion of your age, and will appear to go more slowly.

However, the downside of that would be that you end up like a baby!

Originally Posted By: Slippery Jim
I'm planning to heli-ski in Kamchatka for my 100th birthday, JA. You're welcome to join.
38 years to go! Not much when you say it quick! Remind me in 36 years time! (I'll have forgotten by then!)