It was a last minute thing but a friend of mine had a spare bed in Hakuba last night so I went over there to have a bit of fun.

Skiing was fun especially yesterday some really good snow up at 47. Today was getting waaaay busy at Happo, like Shinjuku Station it was! Well, maybe not quite.

The weather didn't really co-operate and there was literally just a few periods of 15 minutes or so when there was some blue sky on show yesterday. Tons of fog, mist, thin wispy gassy clouds moving about really quickly on the mountains too, giving some of the photos I took a sometimes strange part-hazy look.

So this is definitely just Part 1. Them there mountains certainly are stunning and I'll be back for Part 2 on a day when it is bright and sunny and I can take the pics that I really want to!

muikabochi_2948.JPG

muikabochi_2953.JPG

muikabochi_2952.JPG

muikabochi_2958.JPG

muikabochi_2951.JPG

muikabochi_2950.JPG

muikabochi_2946.JPG

muikabochi_2945.JPG

muikabochi_2944.JPG

muikabochi_2943.JPG

muikabochi_2942.JPG

muikabochi_2939.JPG

muikabochi_2936.JPG

muikabochi_2935.JPG

muikabochi_2963.JPG

muikabochi_2962.JPG

muikabochi_2961.JPG

muikabochi_2960.JPG

muikabochi_2959.JPG

muikabochi_2957.JPG

muikabochi_2956.JPG

muikabochi_2965.JPG

muikabochi_2966.JPG

Not sure if this is the right way to put this but good art gets an emotional response and I love the desolation that some of your pics have Muik. The 1st one that struck me that way was the lonely snowboarders a while back and again, for me, you have captured that again in some of the pics above, great work, and great art. I look at the pics and want to know more. How did it unfold, end etc. THANKS for posting.

Ta!

VERY short window of opportunity PWL, literally minutes.

Those mountains really are beautiful, shame you haven't got to see them in their full glory. Hope that you can get clearer views over at Shiga Kogen.

wave