• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banya Craft in Hakuba will split a snowboard for you, or make you a custom one from scratch if you've got the readies.

The Fish on Yahoo Auctions says some normal stuff about the board and what Burton bindings fit it (surprise surprise). About the only other thing of note is that postage is free within Japan. If you weren't in a hurry, I think you could get a better deal somewhere else, but its sounds like time is of the essence. Compared to other powder boards, the Fish is usually pretty cheap. Cheap is good!

Just for anyone else's information, I think you can demo a few powder boards at the Boarding Co. in Hakuba.

Ah nothing is easy, even spending money.

Just spoke with the guy in Hokkaido, he wont take credit card over the phone or via email.

Yahoo is my only way - how do I drive that?

PS Thanks for all the help guys. Its a pity Im going to Hokkaido first but that's the way it is.

Unfortunately, I think Yahoo is really tough unless you can get help from someone who speaks Japanese. You'll have to sign up for a yahoo account, bid on the auction, and then get in touch with the seller via email to sort out the payment. I think on higher priced items you'll have to use your credit card...

I can't believe there are no fish in Japan! wink

Petester

On the auction listing, the America33 shop says they'll take cash on delivery as the payment for the auction. The Japanese for c.o.d. is "shouhin daibiki" or simply "daibiki". Try shooting them another email and ask nicely if you can pay that way. There's normally a commission for the shipping company but maybe only 400 yen.

Oh wow really! Thanks Mr Wiggles. The only hassle might be when its delivered. Has anyone had experience with this? It might be a day or 3 between delivery and me arriving there. Does the transport company normally hold them for a few days?

Ippy,

Defo the Jones Solution or the NS Summit on my wish list.

Hey they have a Hovercraft Split, too. (in bigger size) next year.

Hey, Tex!

Give us a review on the Jones Flagship, mate.

Originally Posted By: yamabushi
The Mullet and the Fish are two different monsters. The Mullet seems to be closer to a Malolo.

The need to ride switch on a Fish is not that great; the tail is so short that flipping it around is easier than you would imagine.

For tree runs the fish wins, hands down. The level of control is outstanding.

Worrying how a Fish handles grommed slopes is like worrying how a mud crawler handles a race track. People that worry about that need to sort their priorities first, and then pick their board.

My sentiments, exactly.
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Banya Craft in Hakuba will split a snowboard for you, or make you a custom one from scratch if you've got the readies.

The Fish on Yahoo Auctions says some normal stuff about the board and what Burton bindings fit it (surprise surprise). About the only other thing of note is that postage is free within Japan. If you weren't in a hurry, I think you could get a better deal somewhere else, but its sounds like time is of the essence. Compared to other powder boards, the Fish is usually pretty cheap. Cheap is good!

Just for anyone else's information, I think you can demo a few powder boards at the Boarding Co. in Hakuba.

ooooh! thats pretty awesome! found their site and it looks like theyll split it, (plus full edging) for 40,000 smile They also do a straight split with a basic inside edge waterproof for 28000!

If i do make it back to japan for a week, i reckon i might try and get them to split the charlie. smile Itll save me a tidy sum buying a board that does almost the same damn job. Plus charlie loves the pow! Thanks for the heads up!

A big shout out to Black Mountain - with his help I have just secured a 160cm Fish. Which based upon my hours and hours of looking and then calling Burton Japan, all the Burton dealers in Nagano region, Tokyo, Hokkaido and Beijing is the last one available.

OUTSTANDING Black Mountain - STOKED.

A big shout out to everyone else that helped me make the decision. Now Im just ignoring the Spring thread and hoping for some Niseko powder to try it in.