I'm not sure why people doubt the 100% beef claim by McD's. It is one of the more scrutinised companies on the planet and I'm pretty sure that if the claim was not true then consumer groups in the US and elsewhere would have sued them for false advertising by now. Pretty easy to prove the claim incorrect with some simple testing.

Quote:
Despite all those myths out there, none of our meat is fake! McDonald’s uses only 100% USDA-inspected beef from real beef cattle to make our burger patties. Our chicken is 100% USDA-inspected real chicken, supplied by industry leaders like Tyson Foods and Keystone Foods, and the same high standards apply to our 100% pork.

Do you add fat to cook your burger patties?

Our burger patties are just 100% pure beef. Nothing is added – no binders or fillers. The restaurants use a double-sided grill called a “clamshell†to grill the patties, and no extra fat is added.

What is the binding ingredient used in making the beef patties?

We don’t use any binding ingredients. Our burger patties are made from 100% pure beef, with no binders or fillers.

They seem pretty clear on what they are providing. If there was a whole lot of questionable bits thrown in I'm sure that's easy enough for someone to show as well. They are just too big a company and too universally hated and scrutinised to get away with providing a product that is not exactly what they say it is. Like em or not they are one company that can't be too loose with the truth.

Originally Posted By: Kraut_in_HongKong
Originally Posted By: pie-eater
But, what is "beef"?

It's not THAT finely minced, you can still see a normal beef structure.

If you want to rant then go for the chicken nuggets, they are finely minced and I don't want to know what's all in it.

did you see that pic posted ages ago with the sludge thats used for nuggets? It was pink!!

**found it!

chicken-nugget-fast-food.jpg