What internet facilities are there in Niseko? Are there any internet cafes? I do have a laptop but am trying desperately to keep my baggage weight down within the airlines allowance because I am taking my own skis and boots.

Grateful if those familiar with Niseko can help. Thanks.

I totally recommend getting away from your computer for a few days or however long if at all possible. It's very refreshing, even if you might be confronted with tons of backlog on the way back. Sorry, not massive help on topic there. wink

Good luck.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Out of interest, what do you intend on doing online to justify taking a laptop or not?

Just to keep in contact with the lady who is looking after our dog. But as the other poster advises, it might be a good idea to stay from teh internet (for me anyway) and just enjoy Niseko. wink

On a similar theme, I'm kind of jealous of my sister. She checks her mail a few times a week. And uses the internet just every now and again when she's going somewhere for a bit of research. Kind of remember those days!

wink

usually the hotel will have public ones that you could use to keep in contact with home. Unless you had business to do online or you wanted to intstantly upload pics and videos then I'd leave the laptop at home and enjoy the snow thumbsup

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
usually the hotel will have public ones that you could use to keep in contact with home. Unless you had business to do online or you wanted to intstantly upload pics and videos then I'd leave the laptop at home and enjoy the snow thumbsup

We'll be staying at The Vale.

From what you have to pay to stay there you should get a computer in every room.

I am pretty sure they had a couple just behind reception for guests to use.

MB what do you think of the place?

Pretty flash (But is it worth the money)

Seemore

I don't know ski.

Just because you can doesn't mean you would.

Although I loved it I couldn't see the value in it.

Each to there own but I am a bit of a tight arse.

Seemore

We have loved it.

But we equally loved our time in Hakuba in the White Horse - for very different reasons. I suppose I will try and think it all out for my TR when I get back, but in short they have thought of just about everything at The Vale. The location is brilliant - room service from the restaurant is awesome - boot room is exceptional and well planned.

I probably wouldn't stay here for more than a week, but it sure is top notch!

As for the computers I am not sure. We have a laptop (which we will leave behind with #2 son) and my phone connects to the wireless also so I have not gone looking.

The only negative we have had so far is the fact that the Vale Bar and Grill no longer does the all day breakfast - there was nothing quite like grabbing a coffee in the morning, riding until about 11.30/12 and then sliding in for a big cooked breakfast for brunch.

At a modern and rather expensive like that, you would jolly well expect there to be a decent wifi connection.

grandpa

I'd be surprised if there were many places that didn't offer something now apart from some old cheap pension type places, it's such an 'important' thing for so many people now.

Yeah..ya know what... I got BETTER things to be doing than taking pictures of the lift buttons and my dinner! lol

Cashed in the lift tickets, got the sorest legs, had an awesome bluebird day with the crew, starting the arduous task of packing. Japan - you have turned it on for us AGAIN! Happy Happy Joy Joy! biggrin

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
At a modern and rather expensive like that, you would jolly well expect there to be a decent wifi connection.
grandpa
I'd be surprised if there were many places that didn't offer something now apart from some old cheap pension type places, it's such an 'important' thing for so many people now.

I received a reply from them; they don't have computers for their guests to use - only wireless internet.
I don't think it is something that we can't work around.