That's in Tokamachi, just on the other side of the hill from Muikamachi, or if you must Minamiuonuma. About 15 minutes drive from Muikamachi station, 10 minutes from Tokamachi on the road connecting them both. On the Tokamachi side of the tunnel.

for you guys actually living in the middle of snow madness, does there come a point in the year when enough is enough and you want it all to bugger off? (of course, only around town, NOT on the mountain!!)

Not really TB, coz when it buggers off it means that conditions on the hill are less good. My house has a heated roof and sprinklers down below so there's not really much madness and there's only a few days in a season that really are crazy on the roads.

I think they said on the news though that 14 people had died in Niigata-ken due to some snow-related accident, usually falling off a roof when trying to move it.

Nah, don't get fed up of it at all, the more the better. moving it all is good exercise as well!

Mad seeing dudes in their 70's and 80's up on the roofs shoveling a meter of snow. Get down there mr!

• SnowJapan Admin

Just moved this lot from my wifes car.

There was no snow on the car late last night so this lot is from early this morning until 7pm, must have been 60cm on the top, and it's still coming down with another 30cm or so due overnight.

Happy to report that even after nearly 20 years of winters here, it's still exciting to get dumped on so impressively. friend

YuzawaNow_1121.JPG

YuzawaNow_1120.JPG

Originally Posted By: SJ-Andrew
J
Happy to report that even after nearly 20 years of winters here, it's still exciting to get dumped on so impressively.

Your the Scatman! beebopoboppobop! smile