Product replacements / guarantees

Last spring I got the Xperia (docomo) phone.

Liked it. Still do actually.

There's just one big problem - screen problems.

After summer the screen started playing up.

I took it to docomo and they very kindly changed it for a new one without any fuss at all.

Great.

But last week, the same problem happened on the new one.

Pretty much exactly the same - the screen went ultra sensitive and it became almost unusable.

Anyway I went back in and they offered to change it again.

They did, but when it was being set up the screen went all mad again.

I lost my patience then and basically said that I wanted to change the phone for a different one, ie. not Xperia.

They said they can't do that because my guarantee was with the Xperia and all they could do was give me another one - ie. a 4th Xperia! Anyway I told them that I wasn't happy with that and asked them to consider giving me a choice of another model but the boss wasn't in so I will find out tomorrow if they will do anything for me or not.

What you reckon?

Do they just keep on giving me endless new hardware of the same model again and again - the one that I have 'guaranteed' - or do they let me change model? Having lost all confidence in the quality of the Xperia, I don't particularly want another one of them.

sadface

Looks like I am going to get lucky, they are letting me change model and depending on the price of what I choose I might have to pay some extra but not much. If I choose the Galaxy S which I think I will, it will not cost me anything.

(Makes a change from the 45,000 yen or so she was quoting me on changing to the Galaxy S originally!)

smile

3 out of 3 is horrendous.

Hard to think you are just mad unlucky there.

Having said that, haven't read any reports of there being terrible problems with the screen.

But hey, you can get an upgrade to a newer phone! Nice.