We've just arrived! Got held up by a truck that had slid on the road into hakuba.

Just read there was 80cm overnight and it's still snowing - awesome!!

Unfortunately we're both sick! I saw a doctor in Kyoto yesterday but we have to find one for mr Minty tomorrow, until then I'm giving him my antibiotics in the hopes of clearing us both up in time to have a few days here before we head to nozawa

Oh my god i am so stoked for everyone who got to ski/board today - it looked beautiful up there from the bottom, oh and quiet!! Every field I looked up at was so peaceful looking - the one I counted the skiers on was goryu I think - 10 coming down the run at the same time - seriously, I wish I had been up there.

I talked to some Aussies here for their first time - they can't get over how short the queues are.

Oh, and from the bottom looking up it seemed visibility was poor today - nope, the Aussies told me it was perfect.

Hubby is dosed up to the eyeballs and sleeping right now, so fingers crossed for a nice slow day skiing tomorrow, followed by 10 days of awesomeness over hakuba and noz smile

We hot Happo One today and I didnt think the place was too crowded at all. Some of the locals we spoke to said it was busier than normal though. We the only lift I waited in a queue for was the gondola and that was only for about 2-3 minutes.

Great day skiing

Yeah Smotsyn

It looks like you timed it right.

Or everyone else skied it out then went to the other mountains.

Hope you get some more snow soon.

Seemore

Cant say the same for today. We went over to 47 and Goryu and it was PACKED. Nice amount of snow falling though. Found out today that its a Japanese long weekend this weekend. May explain the crowd today.