OK so my Yuzawa area is getting seriously short-changed with the snow this season - so far anyway. Hopefully that will change soon, PLEASE!!!

But what about other places though? Places seem to have more but the snow depth especially lower down seems pretty low in many places on Honshu.

About usual for the time of year?

Less than usual?

More than usual?

Do tell. Be honest, now.

yep, got back yesterday. Slept all day and woke uo at 5.30am. Had a great time at home. Have you been out on the snow much Muika?  Hoping for some sliding action on Friday, just have to decide where to go。

Happy New Year, BTW!!

cheers

Everywhere's fully open and plenty of snow higher up, but we could do with a top up lower down now. The New Year storm that was forecast hit Japan, but only further west.

Conditions have generally been pretty good. Less precip than normal, but still enough for lots of fun and to snap a big tree in my garden. No rain or hint of rain so far.

A little less than average snowdepth up top but considerably less down low. A few mild periods early on with rain down low really hurt. All lifts and runs have been open for a couple of weeks now but the off-piste still struggling to get fully skiable. The snow has just started dumping down outside again and with good falls over the next week or more it's looking good for everything to get right back on track.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Been absolutely dumping up this way. Up to around 60cm fallen in the last 24 hours and still bucketing down! clap

I can confirm, there is more than bottomless out there.
Mitch what are you doing inside? Get out there boy!

Was out all morning and the lifts closed, been quite a ridiculous day in terms of lifts, open close open close Hanazano and the top haven't even opened.
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Mitch what are you doing inside? Get out there boy!

Was out all morning and the lifts closed, been quite a ridiculous day in terms of lifts, open close open close Hanazano and the top haven't even opened.

Bummer! BUT Awesome smile

Can you walk over too the Wonderland Chair from the top of the Annupuri Gondola??

Got caught (told lifts closed and :"had to catch bus") last year and waited for the bus back to Hirafu MADNESS first one filled right when were about to get on, then had to wait at the 'front' of the line for the next one, except the driver stopped at the END of the line so peeps who had just walked in got on first smile we only got on after some good people who knew what had happened gave up there spots. Should never have had those 4 beers waiting for it, was ready to explode by the time we made it in wink
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
yeah, Yuzawa was mental yesterday as well. On the shink, I couldn't believe the sudden change from no snow to lots of snow as we passed into Gunma and then Yuzawa

Through that tunnel right? Love that, from Tokyo blue skies, int a tunnel, then boom, snow!
Originally Posted By: mina2
The last 2 days has made a world of difference in this part of the world. Gone from being crap to being dumped on in a few days.

Same here in Furano. I'd also forgotten how bloody cold it gets here! omg