Pizza- your favorite reciepe

Hey, got the idea from Slippery Jim´s post. I understand JA makes his own. Some like it thick, I like mine thin but not papery. If you have a yummy frozen pizza maker, list that, too.

Favorite ingredients and stuff...

I like them thin

mushrooms

roasted sweet potatos

eggplant antipasto

capsicums provided that the moisture is driven out before it goes on the pizza

anchovies

mini roma toms

mozzarella

olives

Yum yum! I love pizza. I usually make my own dough adding a splash of honey. It tends to turn out to be pretty thick crust pizza but I also like a thin crispy crust if possible. I also make my own tomato sauce with garlic, paprika, and herbs from the garden (rosemary, thyme, and zaatar)

Toppings are usually something like this:

mushrooms

red or yellow bell pepper

sausage or pepperoni

broccoli

black olives

cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, feta)

But it really depends on what I have in the fridge because I love loads of different toppings.

It'll be Uncle Steven's Mexican food on Wednesday night Pete! Tacos and tequila!!

@Jynxx, I use yeast coz I'm lazy. The dough can be a little moist so it's best to leave out a little of the water that you'd normally use. I've also been making the dough in my bread maker recently and it's coming out really light and fluffy. I use the bread maker coz I'm lazy too!

I'm WAY to lazy to make my own dough so I usually get store bought nan and load up on similar toppings as you all. Nan isn't too bad actually and a couple at a time fit in the little toaster oven. I do have a bread maker but that's my wife's thing. I should try it though.

I'm even lazier.

A good chunk of bread makes a great pizza base.

A local place near me does an almost perfect bread for it.

2 crust ends become pizzas.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
BM, Do you add sodium bi-carb or yeast ?
I know from my baking experience that honey makes bread, cakes, cookies moist...
I wonder how to treat the dough...

I use yeast, but usually half the amount recommended so it has a little lightness but is still thing and crispy. My simple recipe uses 500g of flour, 1 tea spoon of dry yeast and salt and pepper. Add small amounts of warm water until it blends in a dry dough, then add a little extra virgin olive oil until it is smooth and no longer dry. Knead for 20mins (or until smooth and elastic), cover and put in warm place for 1 hour. Then you can use straight away, or keep in the fridge for later.

Also Been developing a new base with wholemeal flour. It works well but requires allot more kneading to get the right texture.

To get the best results get a pizza stone, I just use a cheap one which is essentially a ceramic floor tile.