• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an uncomfortable departure with my steadfastly modest and unassuming manner I feel that I must inform the forum that my most impressive trick to date has been a head stand on my snowboard. I am yet to take on anything steep, but I have it nailed on bunny-run gradient.

There is a whole lot more to this story that will no doubt lead a revolution in freestyle riding. However at the moment the sport is still an underground movement.

My most impressive trick is that I can actually snowboard at age 42. Most folks doing it are in their teens/20s - I rarely see anyone my age snowboarding let alone trying to learn tricks. I have perfected the art of getting air and then landing in a heap with a great big "unghhh!" drowning out the piped-in music in the snow park.

I have to admit that I have gotten in better shape as the season wears on and after a fall I now get up within 30 seconds instead of the 5 minutes it used to take me.

Ray, I'm not 42, but I can attest to the pain and grimness of hitting the ground like a sack of shit, not being all limber and light like one used to be. Good on you for keeping at it. That's what I'll be doing...

The 270 is what held me back from throwing the 360 for about five years.

I got the fall an roll out in powder down pat. Just ask dane he can verify my talent, It almost looks like its a preplanned nose dive to front flip.

Mine would have to be the "bury the head in the snow front somersault to ski away" trick. When perfected you can really fool your sliding buddies into thinking it was perfectly pulled speed check maneuver.

I feel this might be bordering on membership to db's underground movement.

Most impressive trick I saw was this weekend. Buddy of mine pulled a backflip headplant off a monster tabletop (helmet-less), and then couldn't remember anything for the rest of the day. ......very scary...

either that or the T.C. Headstand DB pulled off 3 times. YOU..... KNOW.....!

Oh well if that sort of trick counts, my most impressive trick was leaving one of my boots at home. Followed by complete tree runs with one foot not stepped in properly. That impresses me.

On the weekend enderzero gave me some jump coaching. So far my trick score card is:

- an awkward front side 180 on a small table top.

- a method grab on a table top (I think it was a method. These grab names are confusing)

- a couple of slow & awkward switch front side 180's on a small jump in some trees at niseko

On our last run I saw enderzero hit a jump on a short chopped up powder slope. He flew a long way down the hill before landing at great speed. It was pretty impressive.

That pimp style has kept them crashes away yo.

It sorta works as a mini tuck?? thats my excuse for the week, and Im holdin to it yo.

Oufreeski2, I nominate your skis for their ability to prefrom the magical disapearing trick, wherever and whenever they want to.

Me thinking is, that those things need beacons of their own, maybe?

db is being modest. Just two weekends ago he told us, "I'm not a jumper. Just staying on the ground is fine with me." All of the sudden he gets to Niseko and is throwing indy grabs off the tables as big as I go. Damn man...I might be in for a boot buffet yet.

As mentioned to db, i have been working on the bum-slide to backspin, keeping it real and bringing some 80's beat-street b-boy styleee back to the ski-jo. Unstrap, sit on the nose, build up some speed and start spinnin'. Have to meet up with the tank commander posse and bust some moves yo'. In da house mofo (acompanied by outlandish hand gesturing) cool.gif \:D :p

Quote:
Originally posted by Dims:
i have been working on the bum-slide to backspin
you are on the mark there Dims. You would have felt right at home when we were stretching the boundaries of TC last weekend.

One thing though, correct terminology is "Tank Commander to back spin".
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
Oufreeski2, I nominate your skis for their ability to prefrom the magical disapearing trick, wherever and whenever they want to.
Me thinking is, that those things need beacons of their own, maybe?
Why dont you get yourself some powder leashes for those fat powder days? I got fed up with completly and utterly loosing a ski or both and spending half an hour looking for them, crying and cursing \:\( so got some powder leashes. I dont like them much and its a pain on the gondola but on big big pow days its worth it to cut the searching. Just wondering what your opinions on it were