Of course World Cups are usually full of 'world class' players that don't fulfil their potential and lots of rubbish games, but, it's the World Cup isn't it. Always good to moan about.

Quote:
1 Dec: 2022 bids make 30-minute final presentations to Executive Committee (ExCo) at Fifa headquarters in Zurich

Order: Australia (1300 GMT), South Korea (1400 GMT), Qatar (1500 GMT), USA (1600 GMT), Japan (1700 GMT)

2 Dec: 2018 bids make 30-minute final presentations to ExCo at Fifa headquarters

Order: Netherlands-Belgium (0800 GMT), Spain-Portugal (0900 GMT), England (1000 GMT), Russia (1100 GMT)

Process: Secret ballot of 22 ExCo members at Fifa headquarters

To win: One bid needs an absolute majority - 12 votes

If no majority: Bid with fewest votes drops out and another round of voting occurs until majority achieved

If tie: Fifa president Sepp Blatter has casting vote

Announcement: Results put in two envelopes and taken to Zurich Exhibition Centre, where Blatter announces winner (approx 1500 GMT)

Wonder who'll get it

I like the idea of Spain-Portugal

Netherlands-Belgium? what a wrist slittingly boring combo.

Russia? vodka on the terraces, mafia controlled results for betting syndicates.

England? gimme a break, with such a shit team, they'll be out before the knockouts. What a shame that would be to have a host country out of the last 16. This is a joke bid right? and the PM, Pecker and Windsor playing along.

Originally Posted By: thursday
I like the idea of Spain-Portugal

Netherlands-Belgium? what a wrist slittingly boring combo.
Russia? vodka on the terraces, mafia controlled results for betting syndicates.
England? gimme a break, with such a shit team, they'll be out before the knockouts. What a shame that would be to have a host country out of the last 16. This is a joke bid right? and the PM, Pecker and Windsor playing along.

I actually really like the idea of Russia. You're worried about mafia control? We just had a world cup in South Africa...

Thanks for the link BoC - have just watched Becks' speech and would have to agree with you. His speeches seem to have got better as his footballing skills have gone in the other direction! smile

Anyone watch NHK 9 news?

They spent about 10-15 minutes talking about the 2022 World Cup vote but they didn't even mention that there was also a vote for the 2018 tonight. Not a single word.

Shit like that... cracks me up about Japan. Should be in the other thread I suppose lol

Originally Posted By: scouser
Anyone watch NHK 9 news?

They spent about 10-15 minutes talking about the 2022 World Cup vote but they didn't even mention that there was also a vote for the 2018 tonight. Not a single word.

You should have kept watching!! There was some coverage at the end in which they said England's bid might have been damaged by the English media's various FIFA investigations. They even showed an interview with Gary Lineker!!

I hope we get the tournament, but FIFA are scum.

I reckon this past WC could have been the best one in a while but they let adidas bring that crappy ball. That and the vuvuzelas kind of ruined it. S Africa was in winter so at least the high-tempo teams had a chance for a change. Normally its too hot in summer.

The lingering problem is too many teams and too many games. It drags on too long. Sixteen would be better than twenty-four, but we know what makes more money.

he had already predicted England to get the World Cup before his untimely passing.

Mr W, have you had a kick around with those world cup footy's? Its actually like a floater, feels like plastic, looks like plastic.....I reckon it is plastic. Not a nice ball to play with at all. I was sceptical of the stories about it moving so much in the air, TV only shows so much, but after actually having a kick around with it I can see how much it moves. The joke of it is that Addidas are charging the earth for real McCoy ball and yet you could get the same standard for 1.99 in any corner shop in Britain!!