• SnowJapan Admin

Yes we have considered this.

We decided not to as the uploading page would become rather large and also uploading times would also increase.

So we thought we would keep it at 5.

If many people really wanted to be able to upload more than that, considering the things I just mentioned above, more than welcome to re-visit that.

Thanks.

Ok well how about the option for people then to do it?

Ie there is a box that says "add another photo" and extends the page by another box for a photo.

Does that make sense?

Originally Posted By: thursday
ultimately it is the loading time that deters. That option would just increase the loading time.

But loading 4 sets of 5 pictures would take the same time as loading up 20pictures though. confused

All I am saying is for the option to be possibly placed there, it might not get used, but it would be useful. Not saying it should take priority either MB over other things, just for future possibilities if, and when, they have some free time.

The uploading more pics would give us the option to run this in the background whilst working, rather then having to go back to it several times to upload pics.

One other suggestion is that can the pics have an IMG URL so that we can direct copy and paste that like in Photobucket etc, would also allow us to easily link the pics in non SJF places.

Just some thoughts smile

• SnowJapan Admin

I am guessing that having many very large photos at once would also put a fair bit more load on the server which might be something we don't want, though that is not my area so I am only guessing.

What do you mean with that last comment Pete..... the image URL is there.

• SnowJapan Admin

OK that was a good idea, my colleague has been making some changes again.

Take a look at any photo in the section.

For example:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/show_photo.php?photoId=16972

Hope you like it. How does that look?

All you would need to do now is copy the code and plonk it into a thread on here 'as is'. No need for any codes etc.

If that looks good we'll adjust all the help files so people can know about this too.

• SnowJapan Admin

Great -- before the end of the day all of the help files and noticed etc will be changed to reflect that and I'll mention it in the other threads.

friend

and he or one of his forebears probably commited a heinous crime against the crown, so Rob, being the first non-crim to tidy up the mess, that said probable-crim inferred, SHOULD in all fairness get the commission

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks Rob and Pete.

It was a fine idea, I can't quite believe we hadn't thought of it.

But there you go!

I hope it will make things much easier for people who want to upload and share on here.

Thanks

wave