• SnowJapan Admin

Hi there

Just wanted a bit of feedback regarding photos uploaded to SnowJapan.

Right now, if you right click on a photo uploaded to SnowJapan, you can't save the image or see the URL of the actual image. Well, it is possible, but not clear to most people. There is right now a View URL link below the photo and if you click on that, you can see the URL address of the photo so that you can easily post it in threads.

The reason we originally did that is to deter people from copying images easily. While people who really want to copy a photo will know how to, it deters other people from doing it who don't know how to.

The downside of that is that it makes it more hassle to find the image URL and post on the Forums.

We are considering taking out that bit of functionality to make it so that you can right click to see the URL of the image - making it easier.

I have asked a few people on here who post a lot of photos and they don't seem to mind the idea, but I was wondering what other people thought before we do this....

So, keep it like it is, or make it easier to copy/paste the address of the photos?

Feedback most welcome. Thanks.

David,

Never tried to copy pics from here, cannot see (boring old fart, me!) why one would want to copy to paste elsewhere. Maybe I'm too "out of touch" or maybe I represent the majority ... who knows?

• SnowJapan Admin

Well, the feedback seems pretty clear so far.

More is welcome, will be discussing this next week with a view to changing it fairly quickly if we do.

There will be a new, clearly written How To Post Photos guide coming up as well.

friend

• SnowJapan Admin

OK folks we have changed a few things so that now when you view photo, if you right click on the photo the URL of the image will be visible. Feel free to take a look and even upload older pics if you want to try it out (though probably best to mention they are old in the caption).

I will make more of an announcement about this tomorrow.

Hi SJDavid

Ok now when you click on the icon above it askes whether you want a left floating/ floating/ non floating.

What does this mean?

Also if I have a photo on my computer and I right click there is no URL.

Please help or point me in the right direction.

Seemore

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi there

A photo on your computer is not going to have a URL as it is on your computer. A photo needs to be uploaded to the site and be hosted online to have a URL. If that makes sense. friend

I will be posting something later on today with more details on all of this, please give me a bit of time.

you need to upload a picture before you can a get a url.

Floating means this:

Jynxx_54.jpg

That is regular without floating.

Jynxx_55.jpg

This is floating to the right.---------------------------->

It causes text to wrap around pictures, and also where you want pictures to be on the page.

• SnowJapan Admin

OK I have put up a guide on the Forums now:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/389415/GUIDE_Uploading_photos_to_Snow.html

I hope that helps.

If you think it can be improved in any way, please do let us know and we will adjust.

Feel free to try this with photos from previous seasons if you wish - just mention that in the caption so people don't get too excited at seeing all that snow! wink

Thanks again for the feedback.