I know the snow out there is still good, but soon enough the inevitable will happen. Spring snow big time. As a newcomer to the sport, what should I expect from spring-style snow - how will it affect me and how I have learnt so far?

Thanks

its weird being really really hot when you are used to always being really really cold. Maybe look at getting another jacket, just a shell. Ive got to rethink my whole skiing wardrobe after this weekend.

Also slushy snow is more "grabby" and slower so you need to get up much more speed before you hit flats - or just learn to tank command ;\)

I am hoping for fairly decent conditions this weekend, but ready for my thighs to take a beating. It might be the last time this season (though probably/hopefully not) so we've just got to make the most of it.

At Hakkers on Weds I went flying off-piste into what was ex-pow and nearly stopped dead. Thought I'd ripped the bindings off my board. The board just stuck there with a loud sucking 'gloppp' noise. Could hardly turn either, just had to let the board go wherever it could. Tried that only the once.

Mushy groomers and sherbet table tops were ace though.

its butter city on the slopes, the guys and gals are spinnin like crazy. slush makes for primo butter conditions, slow and soft (although i got a few ice grazes today)... i just wish there were some faster rollers to hit today. but i sure had frollicking good time \:D

buttering rocks

do others agree, or am i just an idiot??

i was at takasu... but buttering is a word for gound tricks (using your snowboard like a butter knife!??!), not the snow condition. for example bluntslides and ollie tricks. looks great when u succeed, but u fall over a lot when learning, making u look like a poxy fool who is trying to show off.