Did we cover this before? Couldn't find anything.

Anyway thinking of getting some speakers for my telly and wondering what people might have. Do they really make a difference when watching a dvd? Worth it you think?

Any top tips most welcome.

Cheers

Got this one

sony-ht-is100-51-home-theater-system.jpg

Really good, tiny speakers good sound for a smallish room.

Not cheap, they go for around 60,000 (I was lucky to get mine cheaper from a friend working in a store) so you can certainly buy cheaper but the sound that comes out of these babies is good enough for me and I like my sounds.

3 HDMI in.

Originally Posted By: klingon
Got this one

sony-ht-is100-51-home-theater-system.jpg

Really good, tiny speakers good sound for a smallish room.
Not cheap, they go for around 60,000 (I was lucky to get mine cheaper from a friend working in a store) so you can certainly buy cheaper but the sound that comes out of these babies is good enough for me and I like my sounds.
3 HDMI in.

Those things are tiny!

Just read a few reviews, seems pretty positive and the general opinion seems to be that a much bigger sound comes out of them than you imagine looking at them.

Never bought one of these things, often thought about it.

How do they cable up?

The Sony one has 3 HDMI in's. So you can connect your DVD/Bluray player, satellite and PS3 (for example) to the speaker system and connect the TV to the speaker system with another HDMI cable.

Then you can control them all using the speaker system remote control.

So it is really easy and most definitely hassle free.

One dude I know has a system that is a nightmare to use depending on what he is using/viewing.

If I ever feel rich, I might buy one of the ones that bounces sound off the walls for virtual 5.1. They are supposed to be better than the idea sounds.

It might be a while though.

dude, you may want to rebuild those speakers with aluminium or an MDF casing.

Although they would look super, solid wood speakers will resonate and change with moisture content. Plus the planks are never uniform when resonating.

I have bat like sonar sensitive ears. I can tell the difference.