• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think I should get better mileage but nope...around 7 or 8. My dad's big GMC truck gets better mileage. The LC is diesel though so that takes a bit of the sting out of filling it up. I li

I hate this dilemma....

This will be year 4 for my current snow tires which still have a very healthy tread and are still quite soft....BUT, I know new ones are much, much safer. I've got other things I want to drop 60,000 yen on right now...... :confused:

Keep your tyres, no need to change them, especially if they are Blizzaks? They will keep soft for the life of the tyre.

I ran mine for 5 seasons on my escudor, and where still just as grippy.

I also run Blizzaks on my Delica, they cost more but are the only tyres that remain soft throughout the life of the tyre or so I have been told by many places.

Unless they are giving you problems or are warn to much leave them on, new cheaper tyres will not be as good as what you got on.

The unfortunate thing with that Snowdude is.. I left them out uncovered for two summers and I noticed that last year I was slipping around a little too much on this damned icy hill (pass) I go over every morning. I should take my own tire care advice I guess.....In Nagano or Hokkaido (over the xmas break) they will be fine....ironically it's the ice we get here in Shizuoka that freaks me out.

Yes, I've never seen ice like we get on this pass sometimes. I saw a truck once start sliding sideways from a standstill. I stopped my big van that I had on incline to put chains on (over the snow tires) and the van started sliding backwards...only slid a couple meters before getting a grip but still disconcerting nonetheless.

LOL nothing like a Canadian freezing rain event that changes the whole town into an actually skating rink. I once skated in the park for kms do to a 2cm thick rain crust. One of my best memories! The road from Toyoshina to Omachi Tunnel is horrible worse than driving in a snow storm at times.

• 4 weeks later...

Booked my car in over a week ago to get them done today after work. Just my luck that today it decided to snow for the first time in the area so every man and his dog will probably be at the tyre shop this afternoon.