• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, roscoe

I wish we had a better camera !

Also thinking we shoulda planned better (financially) and were in Japan now!

This season looks like a repeating spell of cold and warm periods. Not really safe when it gets further into the season (Avi)

Haven´t seen dumps.

• 4 weeks later...

Jynxx_65.jpg

The weather forecast have been unreliable. Last week was supposed to be cold and snowing but saw 5cm on Tuesday and Sunday. It was supposed to snow overnight but didn´t happen.

Anyways we went. Nearly a month waiting for powder and it just isn´t happening.

We had a good time. The piste was well prepared. Very hard and can feel the ice under, which softened midday.

High speed carving, go from top to bottom day.

At about 1000 to 1500m, we are seeing the dirt. No snow under trees. Spitzingsee site says 15 to 30cm, but I say 0 to 20cm.

Surprisingly, the steep under and next to the double chair (photo) which some section is close to 40 degrees had snow. cover.

The snow's still down south Jynnx.

Had windblown powder in the alpine and boot top to knee deep in the trees Fri, Sat & Sun early in Brezovica, Kosovo.

The rest of Sunday was a driving day to get to Savin Kuk, Montenegro. Great drive. Sunshine all the way.

Skied Savin Kuk today. 2 days of sunshine had baked the pow, but in the shade of the big cliffs and in the trees it was boot top.

Very cool place.

Kolasin, Montenegro tomorrow.

Warmed up again. Not sure about this weekend´s snow forecast.

Still I reckon there will be a couple of good days on my side of the Alps this month.

Italy had 50cm couple of weeks ago. Not sure it they had a top up after that. My in-laws are heading that way next week.

Dolomites in defo on the radar.

Things happen ... still time till Easter.

Last year, France was where the snow was at this time of the year.

I would be worried too, if I were to to be booked on a snow trip at beginning of April for this year.

No snow expectation for the next week but the wind was cold yesterday. I take that as a good sign.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Warmed up again. Not sure about this weekend´s snow forecast.
Still I reckon there will be a couple of good days on my side of the Alps this month.
Italy had 50cm couple of weeks ago. Not sure it they had a top up after that. My in-laws are heading that way next week.
Dolomites in defo on the radar.
Things happen ... still time till Easter.

is snowing now in Piemonte, On saturday Alagna FreerideParadise will be a really cool place!

Cool.

Looks like the rain approaching from the Mediterranean.

Bit outta my way. Long drive.

Giorgio, have you decided which Pow stick to get? wink

What do you think about the Atomic Sir Floatalot