1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Thought about a petition for opening up okushiga for snowboarders on a limited bases.

SNOWBOADER'S ONLY WEEKS ! We want, please?

Since I come from skiing, and having skied okushiga, I reckon it would be really great to have some opportunity to board there. Since the idea is exclusiveness, that is what the resort sells, I thought it might be not such a far fetched idea.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I'm that bothered what they do, but a couple of years ago, the news said they had applied for permission to cut a new track through some protected public forest. The reason? Too many collisions at a bottleneck. And not a snowboarder in sight. Oh, the irony....

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
I can't say I'm that bothered what they do, but a couple of years ago, the news said they had applied for permission to cut a new track through some protected public forest. The reason? Too many collisions at a bottleneck. And not a snowboarder in sight. Oh, the irony....

lol And do people always say sorry there? Does anyone queue jump at busy times? Anyone run over the back of anyone elses ski's?
wink

I guess its a real family place (safe from snowboarders thinking) and that there are plenty of kids going slow around there.

Jynxx, you'd get more votes had you prevented people from seeing the results until after they voted. With only one option, you could probably get people to agree to anything, just to see how many people clicked. Let's see if that works, actually:

I ski at Alta quite a bit here in UT.

For those of you familiar with Alta it only allows skiers. No snowboarder can take the lifts up. Many have been creative and stashed boards at the top at night and ridden the lift up to the top with skis only to ride the board down.

I hate exclusiveness. Their reasoning for this is mostly the traverse difficulty and snowboard moguls. In my opinion nobody should be restricted from enjoying the pow pow. I would be pissed if a mountain I normally went to was closed to snowboarders only and rightfully so they should be pissed Alta won't allow them.

No no no Ski.

There are already Skiers Only resorts.

Is there a Snowboarder only resort anywhere?

It is not a case of encourage one and be outraged by the other.

It is inequitable.

If there were snowboard only resorts (as well) then it would be equitable and fair.

However, seeing as I do much of my riding with friends on ski's...I would prefer the melting pot thank you.

What has that got to do with it?

Black Mountain said this:

Quote:
I'd really love 'snowboarder's-only resorts' if I never had to board across a mogul again I'd be very happy.

Does that not surely imply that the idea, the concept, is ok to him?

And what are you talking about, fair?!

They are businesses.

They run their business how they see fit.

The end.

Almost every "snow resort" in Japan allows snowboarders.

Go there and just live with it.

Hilarious how some people react to this subject.

Originally Posted By: SKI
What has that got to do with it?

Black Mountain said this:

Quote:
I'd really love 'snowboarder's-only resorts' if I never had to board across a mogul again I'd be very happy.

Does that not surely imply that the idea, the concept, is ok to him?

And what are you talking about, fair?!

They are businesses.
They run their business how they see fit.
The end.
Almost every "snow resort" in Japan allows snowboarders.
Go there and just live with it.

Hilarious how some people react to this subject.

lol
Seriously - I think BM's post was in jest.
And mine was certainly not of a serious nature....

shifty Over reaction much?

Oh right.

I see.

rollabout lol rollabout etc

But the thought was there.

Tons of snowboarders hate moguls.

Tons of skiers even.

If you look, it's the outraged snowboarders (and Dawson) who are giving the most reaction.

No one has explained why skier only is better "properly".

I have come across some old school skiers in Aus/Eur who are openly venomous to boarders - I reckon they would have a list as long as your arm as to why it is better to have skier only resorts.

But it does seem a curious relic of a past snow sport apartheid to me.

A couple things for you to consider Ski.

First, I was totally joking. I was a skier until 6 years ago. I don't mind sharing the hill with anyone.

Seems the idea of a snowboarders-only resort is all ok and fine, but a skiers only one causess outrage.

Second, where is the outrage?

Third, doesn't it seem a little hypocritical that you said this in the thread about Shiga Kogen:

Don't like it? Just move on and go somewhere else. All but a few resorts in Japan allow you moaning snowboarders, so just go there. If a place like Naspa ever opens up to snowboarders, boycott it. I'm sure they'll be gutted.

You think snowboarders should shut up and move along but are completely offended that I suggest skiers could do the same?? I'm sorry if you didn't like the 'pretentious skier' bit but you have nothing to worry about if you're not one of them. There are just as many pretentious snowboarders that I'd rather not have to deal with as well...