Hello,

I am a snowboarder from Scotland looking to come to Niseko for the winter season, and currently having trouble finding accommodation. If anyone has any ideas or knows someone, please do not hesitate to let me know.

I am also looking to work when im there, I hold a working visa for japan, but am currently finding if hard to find information about work.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry P

You should send your resume to all the major property management companies and tour operators in the area. The link above and any search on Niseko should find you most of the major companies. Your best bet to find affordable accomm is to get a job and stay in staff accomm. Pretty difficult otherwise. Get your resume out as soon as possible as positions are already filling up fast.

Good Luck!

Dave, I doubt it. Even if you don't get anything actually in Niseko (Hirafu Village) you'll be able to get a place in nearby Kutchan. Its an actual town and is where most of the long termers live, its only a few mins along the road from the ski-jo itself

Mmmm I'd ideally like to be within five minutes walk of the lifts... Avoiding busses etc. Not sure of the layout of Hirafu... Is this not likely to happen?

I spent last season in Meribel-Mottaret, in an apartment within 100m of the two main lists. I'm a bit worried I was totally spoilt!

Hi Pete - have you found any properties advertised for the whole season? I still haven't found any seasonal lets on the web yet. I'll send off some emails soon, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere as near as many places as in Meribel. I guess Niseko is smaller.

In France I was paying around 1,200 euros (~130,000 yen or 1,000 uk pounds) per month for a double room... Anyone know how that compares to Japan? I was hoping to spend a bit less on rent this time round.