God no. Still love Japan.

Just had lots of friends leave recently, and always reminds me how transient living in another country can be, especially if in the ESL industry.

I know the feeling. Had to say goodbye to one of my best friends for the last 6 years this March. We hung out a lot and did loads of surfing/snowboarding trips together... looking for a replacement now wink (any takers?)

I know lots of people who have left - and couldn't get on the plane quick enough.

Some were just bored with it, some didn't fit in, some didn't make friends while here, some got hassled (female friend, she got quite distressed), some felt they "weren't living in the real world", etc.

I had a period seriously thinking about leaving.

Hated job, couldn't find another. And it was summer too so mad hot and miserable.

Got through that though and can't see me doing it anytime soon.

Divorce drove me away but I often think of returning. I have been gone for about two years now and don't know what will happen with my lifetime Japan visa if I don't return kind of soon. Gaijin card ends in two weeks. I still speak Japanese everyday living and working in Hawaii but miss a lot about J-life. ã©ã†ã—ょã†ï¼Ÿ

Originally Posted By: Kintaro
Divorce drove me away but I often think of returning. I have been gone for about two years now and don't know what will happen with my lifetime Japan visa if I don't return kind of soon. Gaijin card ends in two weeks. I still speak Japanese everyday living and working in Hawaii but miss a lot about J-life. ã©ã†ã—ょã†ï¼Ÿ

Get back over here, and lets get some beers in!