ROFL!

Now I can only picture Mitch rolled in pepper like a peppered steak! Well and truly seasoned wink

I consider them separately - southern and northern, but if I am adding up the total for the year I go from June to April. So I am currently sitting on 7 days for THIS year - booked for another 7 in two weeks, and should get between 10 and 14 in shared between Hakuba and Niseko in January. That will be a max of about 26 - 28 days for the year - probably close to the least I have had in the last couple of years. But last 'year' was the most I had with 3 Thredbo trips, a 3 week stint in Niseko and then a quickie to Hakuba.

How do you calculate Mitch?

As for 'next season'. I would think that 11/12 only become next season after the previous Northern Hemi has already begun. So for me 'next season' in reference to Japan is the 10/11 season right now. And we are talking France for the 11/12 season...which is the season after next smile

Clear as mud?

Same Mamabear - I consider the southern season to be "first" and the northern season to be "second" so this year of seasons starts in June/July.

I think that because the northern season is astride the change in years, but also because I live in NZ. smile

This is quite interesting.

If you live in the northern hemi and also go to the southern hemi, I wonder people consider the southern hemi as the extention of the season? Or, the southern hemi as the start of the season? I say this because some areas in Europe have glaciers, and you can slide in August. That has to be the end of the season because it's old snow. But if we don't think the north and south separately, obviously the new snow falls first in the southern hemi. wink

a number of ski/board companies release their next Northern Hemisphere gear in the middle of the current year for the southern Hemisphere season.

so for example Northern Hemisphere 2010/2011 winter gear is available now for the 2010 Southern Hemisphere winter.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Season ends when the last place closes, begins when the first place opens.

Strictly ends and starts yet, but thats different from when "last season" becomes "next season" though

ok.

last season becomes next season, when you've gone past the halfway date between the two.

but wouldn't you need to be going 88 MPH to make last season next season, as you'd need to travel back in time razz

No but Sand has a particularly cheap pair of polyester trousers that causes enough electricity when he (she?) walks that a bolt of lightening is forthcoming

Mentally, next season has already started for me. I'm in training...

Of course, officially it is when the resorts start to kick off in late November, but I won't let that spoil my daydreaming about deep powder between the trees.

SdS

From his/her crotch I hope. wink

1.21 Gigi Watts from my crotch. CHECK
skiing at 88 MPH. CHECK wink
Fluxcapacitor. NOPE, still need one of these to make last season next season. razz