So I have ordered some goodies from the US, including some of these, which I am very excited about.

k2_darko_boa_conda.jpg

K2 Darko Conda Boa

I am hopeful that they will accommodate my skinny ankles and big big feet, better than previous boots I have owned.

Also my first venture towards any kind of boa system (these just have an internal boa), never been too much of a fan but the internal support of these boots (when I tried them on) was the best I have felt.

Will provide a review once tested.

Have to say, my Burton Hail boots I picked up on here a few years back are looking a bit tired now and need some boots, that have strong ankle support.

Also not a real big fan of the BOA system neither, let us know how these compare if you could.

you don't like the BOA's Rob? How come? My brother's the same, I think they are great though, get them much tighter than any of the lace ups I've previously had. I recomended them to my bro but he ditched them as he didn't like the fit.

I have always been wary of the BOA as it is something else to go wrong. Simple inner/outer lacing systems are very easily fixed if a lace breaks. I have seen BOA wires replaced easily, but if the wheel mechanism goes you are in trouble.

Because I always get the laces tight TB - find the tension system on the hails fantastic and have had no problem with lacing up or support. And as schnee says, am wary of something going wrong.

LOVE my Boa boots.

I have had some single Boa's and now Twin Boa's.

I could not find any girls Twin Boa's and when I upgraded I wanted the dual tensioning ability - so I bought guys boots. Works for me :o)

BEST thing about Boa's is when you have kids that want Mama to do up the laces (especially after they get all cold and soggy) - nah ah... with Boa's it is DIY. And they get a real kick out of using a Boa Speed Wheel to really make it fast.

Everyone has different foot so finding the boot that fits is serious business. Not only that I reckon it is the most important equipment. Having a BOA and lace is an acceptable combination.

I gave my missus a Van Encore BOA for x'mas but she said she likes my Van BFB better. We couldn't find one then. One day we found one pair at half price and her size. She wears them all the time now. She says she can tighten em up the way she wants to.

BFB - Best F***in' Boot. Says it all.

I could never get the adequate tension. Before buying my current boots (BOA system) I tried on loads of different kinds and had an open mind. ANY manual lacing system I tried, just didn't get anywhere near the tension I wanted and got from the BOA. I def won't be changing back to manual lacing systems. Each to their own though.

i had a wee look at the mechanism and doesn't look complicated to fiddle with if the shit hts the fan. I got a spare wire (which I carry when I ride) and I'm confident of being able to repair it if need be.

DITTO on all those for the BOA, same results here on all counts......I bought some SIMS boots in Canada in 2005 with a BOA system (but different name same concept) and wonder how anyone still uses laces. With the right boot fit they are more comfortable and mean less tension in straps too (at least for me)no numb foot. Best thing was they were only $150 BARGAIN!!.

I saw a pair in Jindy that I was checking out closely - would have got all the details if it wasn't for the pushy sales guy who seemed not to realize that people like to handle the display boot themselves to get an idea of the system - not be demo-ed and asked if everyone wanted a pair. I think he thought we were kicking tyres (which I suppose we were doing in this instance) however after spending over a grand in the store earlier in the week his in your face sales methods sent us out the door spending nothing that day!

oooh back on topic. They were a BOA system but one BOA on the side that tensioned the lacing up the outside side of the boot - really bizarre. It also wasn't a standard wheel...more like a speed wheel. Shall do some googling and see if I can find them.

• 2 weeks later...

So...I have recieved my K2 Darko Conda in the post last week (along with some other goodies). Very happy with them, great fit for my wierd ankles and feet...the boa seems good. Have only been running around the house in them, so the real test is in the snow, and that will have to wait for Feb...boooo.

The best feature is that you can use the boa to tighten the inner boot when the whole boot is done up!

I will post photos & more info soon for anyone interested.

Boots are so important, I went for some 32's cause they are really good for my paddle feet which don't really fit well into many shoes.

I got customer foot beds too which I think make the world of difference, sore feet suck heaps... and I always seem to get them and now not so much with the new boots.

lashed-4-mint.jpg

• 2 weeks later...