Originally Posted By: Go Native

I can go months without washing my jeans....
Helmets are for pussies and nancy boys, leave them at home and grow some nads. Don't really need 2 pairs of goggles, I've been here 7 seasons and managed with only 1 pair. Buy another pair over here if you really feel the need. 7 x long sleeve shirts?? Tex you never wash whilst your away or something? 2 should be plenty unless you're some fashion pussy and can't be seen dead 2 nights in a row in the same shirt! God forbid! I've never owned a hoodie and doubt I ever will but I would go with windstoppers/fleeces as a preference. Should be lighter. Only 1 beanie needed. Most accomm in Japan is ridiculously hot, drop the tracky pants and just bring the shorts. In fact thermals under shorts is a really good look. Toiletries for me are easy, I'd only bring a razor and that's it. Get everything else here. All the electrical stuff is ok if you really need it.
Easily just dropped another couple of kilos off Tex's list.
stir

Helmets?.? Pussy's and Nancy boys?? Grow some Nads?? rollabout That's some funny ssh&t GN and worthy of it's own thread.

As for being a 'fashion pussy' my wife was in stiches when I told her about that comment lol 10 year old holed long sleeved shirt ain't 'fashion' by any stretch... well maybe if they were on Sex and the City.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Schneebored
So in a perfect world (5 years ago snow holidaying in Europe...when you paid 15 pounds in advance and they never weighed the snowboard bag)I would take the following. (feel free to rip into my girly over packing)

1 x snowboard bag (filled with)
2 x snowboard
1 x bindings
1 x snowboard boots
4 x socks
3 x thermal sets (top & bottom)
1 x helmet
2 x goggle (sunny & cloudy)
1 x gloves
2 x fleece
1 x snowpants
1 x snowjacket
1 x shovel + probe
1 x snowboard tool, edge tool and quick wax

1 x small suitcase (filled with)
2 x jeans
3 x t-shirt
2 x hoodie
1 x smart shirt (for the ladies)
1 x trainers
1 x shorts
4 x undies
1 x first aid kit

The above usual weighted a total 30kgs

1 x Carry on dakine rucksack (filled with electronics, including beeper & GPS)

Wearing (non snowboard) boots onto plane.

dont think I have forgotten anything.....i think because I am tall I am unfairly punished. Everything I own is bigger and therefore heavier!

2 x thermals only
ditch trainers
ditch snowboard tool, edge tool and quick wax
ditch 1 fleece and 1 hoodie
first aid kit hmmm NAH!

Damn you got some heavy clothes wink
Originally Posted By: Tex
Helmets?.? Pussy's and Nancy boys?? Grow some Nads?? rollabout That's some funny ssh&t GN and worthy of it's own thread.

Well I expect nothing less from Aussies who are without doubt the most rabid adherents to the principles of the Nanny State razz

I edited that list of yours this should make 25 kilos now.

Snow tools your lodge should have.

First aid kits are everywhere and anywhere on vacation.

Thermals who cares if you stink you are going to shower after

riding.

1 x snowboard bag (filled with)

2 x snowboard

1 x bindings

1 x snowboard boots

4 x socks

1 x thermal sets (top & bottom)

1 x helmet

2 x goggle (sunny & cloudy)

1 x gloves

1 x fleece

1 x snowpants

1 x snowjacket

1 x shovel + probe

0 x snowboard tool, edge tool and quick wax

1 x small suitcase (filled with)

1 x jeans

2 x t-shirt

1 x hoodie

1 x smart shirt (for the ladies)

1 x trainers

1 x shorts

4 x undies

0 x first aid kit

Originally Posted By: thursday
**** me. Are you people taking this too seriously?

haha. Possibly...but I was always a good boy scout. And would rather have an extra few Yen in my pocket rather than the airline's.

More importantly I don't want to be a "Fashion Pussy!"
**** me. Are you people taking this too seriously?

You can't take being a nancy boy or fashion pussy too seriously thursday. And of course not everyone is as rich as you and gets the extra weight allowance of business class. Nor do we have trophy wives who probably bring 15kg just in their toiletries bag... slap

Well I expect nothing less from Aussies who are without doubt the most rabid adherents to the principles of the Nanny State razz

So also a 'rabid adherent to the principles of the Nanny State' as well as a pussy a fashion pussy and nancy boy with out any nads.

Here I was thinking I was protecting my head and brain from damage. I never considered the political ramifications. I am coming around though... I think I might take no clothes to save on the space and weight, being a fashion pussy and just snowboard nude. Surely that will tuffen me up with unlimited amounts of machismo.

horse
Ah yeah, the cook can probably stay at home but the nanny is a must. Think she can fit in the snowboard bag as well?

c'mon, whose gonna drive the car?
Ah yeah, the cook can probably stay at home but the nanny is a must. Think she can fit in the snowboard bag as well?

c'mon, whose gonna drive the car?

the kid obviously!!

So also a 'rabid adherent to the principles of the Nanny State' as well as a pussy a fashion pussy and nancy boy with out any nads.

Here I was thinking I was protecting my head and brain from damage. I never considered the political ramifications. I am coming around though... I think I might take no clothes to save on the space and weight, being a fashion pussy and just snowboard nude. Surely that will tuffen me up with unlimited amounts of machismo.

horse

As you should well know helmets for snowsports have very limited effect in stopping brain damage. Their efficacy in doing that is very limited. They help reasonably well with reducing minor injuries like cuts and abrasions and light concussions but you go head first into a tree at speed and the helmet is going to do jack all beyond reducing the splatter.
The nanny state says it's safer to wear them so of course most Aussies do these days. biggrin

horse

Here you go Tex

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/362397/1.html

horse

Quote:

As you should well know helmets for snowsports have very limited effect in stopping brain damage. Their efficacy in doing that is very limited. They help reasonably well with reducing minor injuries like cuts and abrasions and light concussions but you go head first into a tree at speed and the helmet is going to do jack all beyond reducing the splatter.
The nanny state says it's safer to wear them so of course most Aussies do these days. biggrin

Tell that to Liam Neeson's wife. No, you can't. She's dead. Tell that to Liam Neeson instead. He should be really free after that stinker film A-Team.

She must have done one hell of a headplant on really hard ice, which is the norm at Tremblant. At a resort like that may well be worth wearing some headgear. Come to think of it normal Aussie snow conditions are hard ice as well. So probably makes sense to wear one if you're going to be skiing there. Of course if you're coming to Niseko you definitely don't need one! Ah the benefits of skiing in quality snow highfive

I guess you should blame Australias nanny state on me, I wore helmets before compulsion. If it has a 1% chance of reducing the rebound effect of the brain enough to stop a bleed or extra bruising I'll take it.

Not the snow I care about it is solid objects like trees and coping.... 20 stitches as opposed to mild concusion could really put a dampener on a ski holiday.

Hey GG some (semi) nude snow enthusiasts are wearing helmets. Soft razz

She must have done one hell of a headplant on really hard ice, which is the norm at Tremblant. At a resort like that may well be worth wearing some headgear. Come to think of it normal Aussie snow conditions are hard ice as well. So probably makes sense to wear one if you're going to be skiing there. Of course if you're coming to Niseko you definitely don't need one! Ah the benefits of skiing in quality snow highfive

Ahhhh.. looks like GN's coming around. highfive
nice come back

but seriously, I started wearing one here in Europe.
Hit my head on the second day boarding and I couldn't move for a few minutes. Someone came over with my beanie and goggle looking very worried ,I had to tell him to give me a bit of time.
After wearing a helmet, never had that. Had more than a few hits on my head and I'm fine.
Never wore one when I was a skier. I have stitches on my leg from a ski edge cutting me. Hadn't crossed my mind it might one day hit my head lol
2 x Jeans (Wearing 1 pair)
1 x boots (wearing)
9 x jocks (wearinng ;OP)
7 x socks
2 x thermal sets
1 x snowboard pants
1 x snowboard jacket
1 x boots
1 x (maybe 2) boards
2 x goggles
2 x beanies
1 x helmet
7 x long sleeved shirts ( NOTE: dual use...going out and ski wear)
2 x hoodies (or 1 hoodie one windstopper. Wearing one on flight)
1 x trackie dacks
1 x shorts
Toiletries (Wash, Loufre, Destinkeriser, Aftershave, Razor, Toothbrush and Paste NOTE might have soap etc at accom)

All in carry on: Electric adapter and power board.
Cameras x 2 (Still and video)Laptop and leads. Phone and various chargers, Books (Novel and Uni Texts).

Roll don't fold!

Credit Card to buy what you forgot...

EASY party

Now even this list could be cut back plenty. 9 Jocks and 7 socks??? Just ridiculous. Need no more than 3 of each, just do a wash every few days. You only need one pair of jeans. I can go months without washing my jeans, I'm sure you can last a couple of weeks or wash and dry overnight if you absolutely feel the need. Helmets are for pussies and nancy boys, leave them at home and grow some nads. Don't really need 2 pairs of goggles, I've been here 7 seasons and managed with only 1 pair. Buy another pair over here if you really feel the need. 7 x long sleeve shirts?? Tex you never wash whilst your away or something? 2 should be plenty unless you're some fashion pussy and can't be seen dead 2 nights in a row in the same shirt! God forbid! I've never owned a hoodie and doubt I ever will but I would go with windstoppers/fleeces as a preference. Should be lighter. Only 1 beanie needed. Buy another here if you need more. Most accomm in Japan is ridiculously hot, drop the tracky pants and just bring the shorts. In fact thermals under shorts is a really good look. Toiletries for me are easy, I'd only bring a razor and that's it. Get everything else here. All the electrical stuff is ok if you really need it.
Easily just dropped another couple of kilos off Tex's list.

I can't believe you pack a razor, you can save at least 50g...you don't need to shave on a ski holiday...
Originally Posted By: stemik
I can't believe you pack a razor, you can save at least 50g...you don't need to shave on a ski holiday...

That's a good point but since I live at my favourite ski resort in the world it's not like I have to pack for ski travel anymore highfive