It's getting hot and sweaty in the office.

Everyone's complaining.

"Why don't we turn the air conditioner on".

"It's not July 1st yet".

"So?"

"We can only use it from 1st July"?

"Why?"

"Because it's July then".

etc.

There doesn't seem to be any reason for us not having the air conditioning on other than the fact that we are still in June. No budging on this one it seems.

Madness. Unless I'm missing something.

Perhaps it's so they can have a good otsukaresama party afterwards, when they can all celebrate being Japanese with that added ability to be able to gaman more than foreigners.

I'm impressed anyway.

****... in our office we go straight from having the heaters on in winter to air conditioners in the summer. I can't stand it! Surely sometimes opening the window should be good enough!! Canned air makes me crazy...

As long as the switchover is done on the correct previously planned day, regardless of the weather outside and regardless what everyone wants to do, then I really don't think you should be complaining Black Mountain. grandpa

Talk about rocking the boat! veryshocked

Well, I think it all makes good sense. If you can't stand the heat.... don't become a chef.

We have aircon on all year. Sometimes need to wear cardigans and jackets in the office while it's 33 on the streets. Bit of a shocker to go from street to office, but quite pleasant to go office to street, for about 30 seconds anyway.

the past few days have seen my schools turn on the air-con in the teachers room....aaahhhh bliss! Can't wait to get back there away from smelly, sweaty kids into that wonderful cold air!! smile

No. They have small fans mounted on the walls but thats it. If you happen to stand 2 feet away from them then they are as much use as a chocolate teapot! smile They leave the wndows open to try and create a draft, but when the air outside is hot and humid, it doesn't make any difference. Makes my exits back to the teachers room VERY quick indeed! smile

I thought I would just point out that in certain circumstances a chocolate teapot can be useful. For example, if you are hungry.

I used to go to a place like that TB a long time ago. I hated it so much. Some days were unbearable. I remember one day I was very aware of being as sweaty as a very sweaty person and perhaps a bit smelly too. Yuck.

thats everyday GG. First thing I do is jump in the shower when I get home.

Got the air-con on at home now....aaahhhh!!! Unfortunately I have to leave for work doh

We don't have aircon in our office but we don't really need it. It is half below groud level and we keep the windows open which means it stays reasonably cool. We don't get quite as hot and humid as down south of course.