The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear.

Quote:
Fabio Capello and the Football Association were accused of “incompetence†and “absolutely disgraceful†conduct last night as Liverpool reacted furiously to the hamstring injury suffered by Steven Gerrard during England’s 2-1 defeat by France.

Darren Burgess, the club’s head of fitness and conditioning, was livid at Gerrard’s injury, using his Twitter account to express his anger at the FA and accusing Capello of “amateurish†tactics in ignoring an agreement with the club by keeping the midfield player on the pitch for 85 minutes.

While Gerrard, who will have a scan on Merseyside today, left Wembley grimacing, stopping only to say “it’s not goodâ€, Capello admitted that he had agreed with Liverpool that their captain would play for only an hour.

This weekend

Sat

Arsenal vs Spurs 9:40 >>>> come on Spurs!

Birmingham vs Chelsea 12:00am >>>> come on Birmingham!

Man Utd vs Wigan 12:00am >>>> come on Wigan!!

Liverpool vs West Ham 2:30am >>>> come on West Ham!

Sun

Fulham vs Man City 1am >>>>> come on Fulham!

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Go get em pi-eaters!

How is Torres, recovered?

apparently he was injured for Spain (I read that somewhere)....loks like Hidgson will be getting his books
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
I see Newcastle got a right good stonking as well.

Yes, it was painful viewing. Bolton played well, but there was lots of self-destruct from the Toon, so much so that I can't moan about the Alan Smith sized hole in midfield.

Great to see Citeh tonking Fulham though after Hughes' latest nonsense. He's second only to Allardyce in self-delusion. Spurs-Arsenal was pretty funny too. Good to see Fabregas brought down a peg or two. He seems to think he can do whatever he wants.