The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: ShinyDiscoBall
Of course, laughing at West Ham "hammering" Man United 4-0 is also fun.
Even if it is the M Mouse Cup.

Haha yes. Must admit I didn't know there was a game last night either. Been a bit busy the last few so wasn't catching up on the latest footie news.

La-de-da.

Surprisingly personal and yeah, kind of interesting. I hope the others said more about England and English football though because there are many pluses. I think England getting it would make a lot of sense.

As for Barcelona though, wow, just wow. Amazing.

He can still look real good in a suit can Becks.

evilgrin

I hate seeing his 'art' these days, yucky yuck yuck horrible.

If he got rid of that lot (oh yeah difficult). And that 'Posh' too.

haha.

actually, surprisingly, Beckham is a guy who I don't mind.

Has anyone watched the "shocking" Panorama docu? It's not very shocking....FIFA is corrupt (wow really?!), there are some people on the Exec Board who have been there for years and they've accepted bribes (wow, really?!) although we can't 100% prove it because the payments are paid to shell companies........all a bit sensationalist crap TBH, nothing that nobody didn't know before.

Getting one of The icons of the game to support your bid does not seem like a silly idea. He did good. It wasn't his fault. If you are looking for people to blame, check out the British media as a starting point.

I see England got 2 votes in the first round! Oh dear!

I take it Prince William didn't talk about his granddad.

"He was there in front of the telly when Greece won the Euros in the deadly dull tournament. I've never seen him so happy"

Originally Posted By: thursday
Beckham. If that's a represnetation of Englnad, then they deserve where they are at and where they will go. What a joke.

Who do you suggest is better? Joey Barton?

No, Becks was a positive.