The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three wins in a row for the Toon!

I thought we'd seen them all, but Park Ji Sung has brought football a new hairstyle.

Click to reveal..
The granny rinse! As modeled by its best known exponent.

slocombe247x165.jpg

The central heating broke down. I had to light the oven and hold my pussy in front!

It's crap playing a derby as a midweek game. Just as it is playing them at lunchtime on a Sunday to please the rozzers.

My new hero. Looks like signing of the summer.

106611973.jpg

Cheik, Cheik, Cheik!

Cheik, Cheik, Cheik!

Cheik your booty!

Cheik your booty!

Skunks, the Telegraph

Quote:
On 18th July 2008 we published an article on page S8 (and online), headed “Ronaldo back in the limelightâ€. It appeared alongside a photo of Cristiano Ronaldo on crutches in Los Angeles, where he had travelled to attend a Sports Award ceremony to which he had been invited, and for which he was nominated for an award as Best Male International Athlete. We reported that he had “headed straight for†a trendy Hollywood nightclub. We described how Cristiano put his crutches down to take to the dance floor with four models before being served “£10,000 worth of Cristal champagneâ€. The article alleged that Cristiano was behaving unprofessionally and that the sight of Cristiano “living it up†in Los Angeles would dismay Manchester United Manager Sir Alex Ferguson. We now accept that this is not true. Cristiano was in Los Angeles and did attend the nightclub but he did not drink any alcohol at all while there, or at any time in Los Angeles, and did not put his crutches down and try to dance despite the risk to his injured ankle. Instead, he sat in a private corner as arranged in advance, along with friends who had travelled to Los Angeles with him, resting his foot and drinking non-alcoholic energy drinks at all times under the care of the respected Portuguese national team physio Antonio Gaspar. He went on holiday to Los Angeles in the knowledge and with the advance permission of his club, his manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, his surgeon and his physio. We would like to apologise to Cristiano for the embarrassment and offence our report caused to him as a professional who takes his health, fitness and recovery from injury seriously and are happy to set the record straight.