I see that some in the US are up in arms about AT&T getting rid of their "unlimited" data plan, replacing with limits. They reckon that 98% of people don't use more than 2GB a month and it will end up with them paying less. But still, people like the idea of "unlimited".

I haven't read the details but I thought my data plan with docomo was "unlimited". Wonder if there is one. And my home connection never seems to cause any issues even though I use a lot of bandwidth.

Anyone know of limits here?

Wonder how much I get through as well. I have no idea.

Last month on my wireless DOCOMO thingy, i got through 2gb.

On home network, Wife's laptop, my desktop, xbox360, laptop and other wifi got through, 150gb. We have network monitors on all of our computers but not xbox360...

I see O2 in the UK have stopped their unlimited data packs too.

Looks like unlimited packages might have a limited life left.

stopping the unlimited data thing is in response to network congestion. Damn lame way to do it. THey should just invest billions on upgrading their shit network.

My unlimited data plan is contracted 'til next month. Don't really need it as I'm only using 512mb per month. So the statement says.

Originally Posted By: rach
Me too.

Someone tell me why the keitai places talk about packets and not MB/GBs?

Talking about 2 different things, here.

keitai is the cell phone/mobile phone network. It is optimised for voice and the messages are sent in packets, usually by the most direct route (and the same route unless you move out of range of the tower).

Computer broadband is switched differently, and optimised for digital data. In addition, the data is sent by whatever is the most convenient route for the moment, and the browser "reassembles" the data when it gets to the destination.
Measurement is in data 'chunks' MB or GB.

Haven't checked if it will affect me. Don't think so.

I can imagine though with screens and speeds getting faster, more people are using up more data and this is inevitable.