• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride mine about 5 days a week, around 20km.

Sadly, not on mountains it's more an exercise thing in the evening so around the back roads and rice-fields.

Would like to get more into some daytime challenges.

I'm thinking of taking it up Hakkai-san this year though and have some fun on their course.

a mate of mines has built his own bike, its a Cannondale Taurine Carbon Fibre frame, with a whacky 1 front fork thingy....looks well cool. Thing is he has taken his nice chunky off road tires off and put on slick road tires. I would love to get a shot of it off-road with the proper tires on. It's so light its unbelievable, got disc brakes...he spent quite a fortune on it, its a good looking machine

It's pretty big around here and Hanazono are developing a brand new trail network for this summer. There's already some out at Niseko Village and in Hirafu.

Not really into it myself, I have a sea kayak which I spent a fair bit of time in through the summer months.

MTBing is great in Hakuba, with most of the foreign community actively taking part.

Some great single track trails at the Minekata ski area.

Hakuba 47 has some lift accessed single track.

Hakuba also hosts a 24 hour bike race in Autumn at the Olympic stadium and a X country races at Sanosaka ski area

For the more sedate - there is a course that goes around the village, with way points at every turn.

I have a Specialized Stumpjumper - a versatile bike for climbing as well as downhill.

I think I might go for a ride tomorrow

My guess would be never due to working all of the time and having to squeeze the time to keep on banging on about it too! wink

I bet old Raleigh Chopper would be finely suited to these courses.

Originally Posted By: thursday
those choppers are cool.

Gear shift to hang your nuts on too.

10319038.jpg

Thursday that is a WAY COOL bike!!!!

My nephew and his mates are heading off to Canada Mountain Biking for 3 months. LOOK OUT CANADA!!!!