Assumed is not always understood. It's important to say it out loud so the message gets through. That said, not often from the old man, more often from the mother. Said at least once a day to +1. mentioned in emails every time I write to my kids (one in US, one in UK and one in Portugal).

Maybe in your neck of the woods thurs but I doubt I'll let a day go by without letting my little girl know I love her by actually saying it. Always good to hear it said out loud regardless of any assumptions.

I don't know about othe Asian societies, but in my experience Japanese families don't do the outward emotional 'I love you' thing at all.

They don't even seem to do the 'hug' thing, esp. after childhood.

Doesn't mean they don't love each other of course.

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Out of interest, how long do you think you will continue doing so?

All gets very cheesy when used too much in my books.

Couldn't imagine ever stopping. It's all in the delivery Bag. Done well it never gets cheesy biggrin
Originally Posted By: SKI
I don't know about othe Asian societies, but in my experience Japanese families don't do the outward emotional 'I love you' thing at all.

Na, that's when they start sleeping in separate bedrooms.
Originally Posted By: SKI

Agree.
My lady tells me that she hasn't hugged her father since she was a little kid and that is pretty much normal.