no trouble staying it.

I say it to Papa.

I say it to each of my boys.

I say it to my folks.

And I say it to my friends - particularly when they need to hear it.

I am also very generous with telling people they are special/talented/appreciated etc. If people complimented and affirmed others more often instead of bitching and ripping strips off them life would be so much more pleasant.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
said it last year to my dad when I got married - to which he replied "yeah, not so bad yourself son"

Sounds like he doesn't love you.

Never mind.
Originally Posted By: scouser
Originally Posted By: RobBright
said it last year to my dad when I got married - to which he replied "yeah, not so bad yourself son"

Sounds like he doesn't love you.

Never mind.

Not surprised - have you met me? razz

My family don't really say "I love you", though I do often sneak one in when saying bye at the airport and it gets quite emotional.

What's the fastest you have said it to a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Originally Posted By: rach

What's the fastest you have said it to a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Being free with telling your family you love them, and letting your girlfriends know they are loved (obviously in a different way) - is one thing ----> but it took me a while to tell Papa, telling a partner that you love them is something totally different.

I think if you are an "I love you" person on the 2nd or 3rd date - then that is definitely cheapening the sentiment.

My family often says "love you" to each other when we are finished talking on the phone, even my to my brothers and sister. My girlfriend thought it was pretty weird at first that I'd say this to all my family when I was finishing up a phone call.

I remember a few years ago, after the first time I'd seen my gran and grandad for a few years (I'd been over here for 2 years then travelled for 1 before going home), I gave my gran a kiss and then gave my grandad one on his head, he just looked all uncomfortable and gave me a manly pat on the back!! lol

I've said it a few times in life to my mother and father but only as a reply. Can't recall ever saying it to my brother or sister. I said it all the time to my ex-wife while we were dating and married.

I still have a good relationship with my parents and siblings but I don't even know my ex wife's phone number or email. Hhhhhhm?