Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I want those shoes!!

ABC Shoes Shinjuku, a couple blocks up the road from the Citadine hotel smile

Something else I have noticed here that I havent see anywhere is .................. unlocked snowboards and skis at all the cafes etc. Its great that you dont need to lock them up. smile

Good lord Pete ... I have RARELY used a snowboard lock on ours.

One time we should have was [bizarrely] with a hire board.

My Deaf friend hired a board in Jindy and we rested them all together on the rack at Friday Flat beginners area (Thredbo) when we went inside for lunch.

Came out - her board was not there.

What to do?

She found one that was the SAME board but slightly different bindings (and set up natural - she is goofy) a rack or two further over...was it a case of mistaken identity? Well...she couldn't very well ride off on it... so we waited. We discussed hiring a board for half a day so she didn't miss slope time, but she was ready for the pub by this stage anyway. Later that night - all alone on the stand is the the other board.

So we took it and got the bindings switched - and used it (only had the next day before going home). Turns out both boards were hired out by the same company - the git who took her board was heading home and never noticed the stance was wrong. We lock hire boards when we are at the bottom nowadays - people are such n00bs sometimes!

Never noticed any problems here in the Alps. We don't lock ours but do place it at sensible spots.

Having said that, when we were teenagers long time ago in Japan, thefts of skis did happen.

I woudn't go as far as to say it was common, BUT

We had known about it, so we use to swap one ski and stock with other friends and placed them far apart from each other. The more the merrier after the break getting together ...