OK so if BA don't strike I will soon be enjoying not being in economy and going back to the UK in business class. Instead of dreading the flight like usual, I'll actually be looking forward to it.

Thing is, do I sleep or do I try to 'enjoy' it by staying awake and 'being comfortable'. If you know what I mean.

lol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely they do.

I can imagine the one at T5 is pretty good. It is their 'flagship' terminal of course.

thursday, did someone from BA kill your pet when you were young or something? You seem to have this rage towards them! I can understand not liking them, a lot...

lol

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
OK so if BA don't strike I will soon be enjoying not being in economy and going back to the UK in business class. Instead of dreading the flight like usual, I'll actually be looking forward to it.

Thing is, do I sleep or do I try to 'enjoy' it by staying awake and 'being comfortable'. If you know what I mean.

lol

definitely stay awake and enjoy it......I did!! The thing is its that comfortable that you'll nod off anyway and you'll get a better sleep as its not forced. Get stuck into the free wine and beer. Have a nice glass of champers as you take off...nice!!

Yeah business class is nice, done it a few times myself. I like the nice lounge that you can use before bording the plane too. If im knackered I might try and sleep, otherwise I just stretch out and use the entertainment system, enjoy the better food and bigger fully reclinable seats!

I did biz a few times, always either by accidental free upgrade, or on other peoples expenses. When I pay my own flight I would not pay the extra US$2500 for a biz flight to Europe.

Specially as I don't care about food, which is always bad, or drink - I rent a car upon arrival. I don't mind to spend more on a nicer car or a better hotel.

Talking about movies, nothing so far matched CX's in-flight program. I specially salute for leaving movies uncut, so you actually hear words like 'duck' (not in that spelling). Can't imagine how "Pulp Fiction" would be in-flight on a normal airline. Probably 20 Minutes long with people saying "mother" all the time.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I think I would too.

I remember once on a long haul cattle class I drank about 5 cans of beer. Usually that wouldn't be a problem but I felt really rough at the other end, headache.

grandpa dehydration.
Planes with their circulated air and pressurized cabins dehydrate you - you need to drink HEAPS - long haul is especially bad because of the amount of time you are in that dehydrating environment.

By the time you are thirsty you are already dehydrated.

Alcohol also dehydrates the cells of your body causing headache (hangover) - combine it with plane travel, and not enough water (made worse by sleeping therefore not drinking water) - and you are lucky to get off the plane without a headache even if you don't drink alcohol.

I try to drink a litre of water before I get on the plane - makes for in flight loo visits (never much fun) but I HATE that horrid headache shadow from flight dehydration.

I read this survival book once and it had a chapter on flights. The author said all that about dehydration etc, and since then I have never touched booze on a flight and I make sure to cover skin surfaces, use moisteriser etc.

She also said to wear certain types of clothes so you would survive a sea landing/time in the ocean but I think that's taking it too far!