It would indeed be traditional to have a day off work, fire up the Barbie, and engage in a game of backyard cricket.

But I am much more likely to do the same old - same old.

Papa will be at work, I am planning on cooking Teriyaki Chicken and Rice for dinner, and the kids are probably going to spend the day working out which uniform items fit them in preparation for going back to school for the new school year next Monday.

There is most certainly a lot of cars driving around with Aussie Flags hanging out the windows at the moment (way more than usual!!), and the 'Proud Aussie' Racist T-shirts and Singlets are getting an airing in public.

doh

I can't believe the whole flag thing. It's on bloody everything. From paper plates, thongs ,cups you name it... we have turned in the the USofA :(

And those 100% Aussie T-shirts... My kids can't even wear em!

We are just having a chillax. Same old for us, Just about to take the boys to the beach for a surf (tiny) and will have a BBQ tonight. I will make each Japanese guest eat a tea spoon of Vegemite! wink

Triple J hottest 100 is on today too, so will listen to that too.

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!

Don't forget you have to play all the aussie bands all day.

Australian Crawl, Hoodoo Guru's, Cold Chisel, Noiseworks etc.

Sorry I have to admit I kinda like everyone driving around with their Aussie Flags waving. Don't forget the stick on tattoo's, of which I have on my cheek, both arms and on my legs!!!!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI!!!!! banner

On the other hand, I have done a couple of hours tiling (on a disabled access ramp outside) until it got too hot, and the adhesive started to set before we could get the tiles in place, and then inside to watch a bit of tennis before the cricket starts.

Not that interested in the tennis, but it's better than sitting here in silence.

I am sooo not interested in the flag waving stuff. As (I think) GN says, it's a bit OTT, and can lead to all sorts of nastiness. Mind you, that's in the mind of the idiots, not the general public.

I have JUST worked out why all of a sudden there is a HEAP of cars driving around with those little flags attached.

Red Dot (sorta like our Daiso but not as good) is selling them them as a pair for $2.99 or $4.99 or some tiny amount. And advertising them on the Telly.

doh

Yep tons of made in China flags around here too.

Don't let the yobbos steal the identity of the flag (the southern cross bit I mean wink ). Be proud of it.

We are just about to head up to the beach for a barbie and a surf. thumbsup

Ohhhh Canada, our home and native landddd

True Patriot loveee in all our sons command!

With burning hearts we see the rise, the true North strong and freeeeee

Oh Canada, we stand on guard, for theeeee

That's every weekend GN. GenY has some alchohol issues with binge drinking.

It's been a great family fun day here today. Blue skies & sunshine & the best beaches & waterways. What an excuse for a day off work.

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Ohhhh Canada, our home and native landddd
True Patriot loveee in all our sons command!

With burning hearts we see the rise, the true North strong and freeeeee
Oh Canada, we stand on guard, for theeeee

That's like nails on a chalkboard. veryshocked

Mitch, don't quit your day job.

I think true Canadians prefer "Glowing hearts" not burning hearts. slap

Someone pass me the Rolaids!!

Hahahahah

I have a night job, so I fully intend on quitting my dayjob... biggrin

I reckon that's better than 99% of Americans would know. Oh and I will record it for all of you to prove that the essence of my singing voice is more like a quaint flowing river than that of nails on a chalkboard shifty