was a long time ago here. I believe it was taken by SJ1 and it was a dawn shot or a dusk shot looking at, I believe one of the Yuzawa resorts. I tried looking through the old SIJ thread but couldnt find though Im sure its there in the 600 plus pages. That was a beautiful picture he took. Anybody know which one Im talking about?

I think Creeky means a photo looking down a resort with the lights on. Lots of people commented on it. My guess would be that it was a publicity shot taken with an indigo filter, because it was very purple.

This is not quite the same angle - this is taken from the area to the right of the above photo, but looking in the same kind of direction.

I was planning on trying to take a pic from the same place today but my day was cut short by the zip on my bag breaking. sadface

muikabochi_2079.JPG

muikabochi_2078.JPG

Originally Posted By: SJ#1
If that is the one you are referring to, here it is.

It is of Joetsu Kokusai in Minamiuonuma (Niigata) - a photo they used for promotional material for a few years.

jk2006poster.jpg

thats it. I love that photo. It is spectacular. I saw a scene up at Furano that made me think of that over the holidays. Thanks for reposting that! smile

It's great! I think I prefer obviously artistic photos to supposed-to-be natural ones with highly unnatural sharpness, saturation, coloration, "punchiness" or whatever that you can find all over on the Net.

The main thing here is that that view (and Muika's) will look a loads better in real life even if its not purple. Not least because that's tiny on my screen!

Thanks for the big version!

The clouds look like dawn so I suspect at least some of the hotel lights and the lights in the gloom have been painted in.

That's a Hakuba Cortina type hotel btw. It might look quite a bit different up close!