• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charming!

Im not a dopehead btw - not recently anyway!

Sorry if I came across as being rude ILZ - that wasnt my intention. Your English is very good BTW. To put a different spin on the discussion (and perhaps more relevent to snow japan forums), there are signs all over ski resorts in japan warning people about skiing out of bounds, how its so dangerous to themselves and others, yet many people go and do just that. I wonder what your attitude is to this activity - presumably, living in Zao, you might have come into contact with people who get up to such "mischeif"?!

Originally Posted By: thursday
ILZ, those are dopeheads you're trying to converse with. They also hump camels. Just ignore them.

yes, ILZ, don't correspond with those evil zoophile junkies (it's a well known fact that most illegal drug users are into bestiality) or you might become an addict yourself by proxy.

I personally like people who doesn't take things too personally, so really there's nothing to get annoyed, insulted, offended when discussing things. Love to be in a state where I have no emotional and intellectual prejudice towards others. Just healthy curiosity. Often when this fails people start being dumb and start telling people who's dumb - you see this a lot on forums such as this. Probably better is not to get into involved discussions about things one doesn't know about but pretend to do so. Avoidance is preferred in such case and culture like Japan.

But this "Right and Wrong" "Fairness" is a hard nut to crack. Righteousness and fundamental obedience does no good to mankind as we see in the world.

It really is a crazy world where we still have major issues with food supply, consumption, - not just what's legal, illegal, what not you can eat. Humans, huh

isn't it cool how we can have so many different angles about something that grows out of the ground. christians should be the biggest smokers as god did decide to make it and it has been smoked for medicinal purposes for 1000s of years!!!!

by the way the world can thank the good old US of A for the world prettty much illegalising(just made that word up I think) pot, due to it affecting the huge profits made by the moguls controlling the cotton industry as it was found HEMP was far easier to cultivate(as it is a weed after all)than cotton and more effective and lower cost to make uniforms during the world wars, parachutes, etc.Pressure was put on the us government to shut down hemp production altogether and to put pressure on the world to do the same and now here we are!!!

loved all the replies to the question that i posed and thank you all for your input.

cheers and beers p.s I do realise that hemp is not the same as canibis satavia but has always be tarred with the same brush!

Originally Posted By: sunsetcoast

by the way the world can thank the good old US of A for the world prettty much illegalising(just made that word up I think) pot, due to it affecting the huge profits made by the moguls controlling the cotton industry as it was found HEMP was far easier to cultivate(as it is a weed after all)than cotton and more effective and lower cost to make uniforms during the world wars, parachutes, etc.Pressure was put on the us government to shut down hemp production altogether and to put pressure on the world to do the same and now here we are!!!

Blaming the US for forcing the Aussy (and other) government to make pot illegal? Gimme a break. Australia's a sovereign country, right? You can legalize it if you want to. The US doesn't care if pot is legal or not in Australia. Plus the prohibition of pot in the US is quite a bit more complicated than that.

so you don,t think usa can put pressure on another country !!!!

please they do it almost everyday of the week.

and just for arguements sake in W.A where i live pot is decriminalised. and just for the record yes it is more complex than what i described but that is the basic gist of it.If your interested there are some geat doco's about these specific events I have spoken about.

We have hemp production in oz as well and the thc content is almost zero which is why they alow it.

sunsetcoast has a point.

If it was federally legal in the States, there won't be all the hardcore gang massacre in Mexico. One can argue that making it illegal in USA is inciting trafficking in other countries.

This can be said of most things, including criminal activity. Cause and effect in a global sense.

so you don,t think usa can put pressure on another country !!!!
please they do it almost everyday of the week.

Well, that's not what I said. I objected to what you said here:

by the way the world can thank the good old US of A for the world prettty much illegalising(just made that word up I think) pot.

I don't think we can blame the US for coercing the world into illegalizing pot to save their cotton industry. Sounds like you just don't like the US (which is fine, but don't distort things.)
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
sunsetcoast has a point.
If it was federally legal in the States, there won't be all the hardcore gang massacre in Mexico. One can argue that making it illegal in USA is inciting trafficking in other countries.
This can be said of most things, including criminal activity. Cause and effect in a global sense.

OK Jynxx, but we're going off on a tangent here....
isn't it cool how we can have so many different angles about something that grows out of the ground. christians should be the biggest smokers as god did decide to make it and it has been smoked for medicinal purposes for 1000s of years!!!!
loved all the replies to the question that i posed and thank you all for your input.
cheers and beers p.s I do realise that hemp is not the same as canibis satavia but has always be tarred with the same brush!

By that same logic we can thank Great Britain for all the Opium problems ever in Asia.

BM, because of all da bruddas out dere dat be Rastafarian in dey blood. Get eire mate and bless up wit da Jahhhhh.

Just kidding, I can't smoke and ski, it is far too scary. I know what you mean smile.

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Who would want to get high at a resort anyway?

Locals - ski bums, lifties... - the young transient population who want to ski and party. Isn't that what kids do?

I don't think we can blame the US for coercing the world into illegalizing pot to save their cotton industry. Sounds like you just don't like the US (which is fine, but don't distort things.)

wow ger! what a stretch that is!!!

I have no problem with USA or their citizens I don't care where you are from, what your skin colour is, what religion you follow, it is all irrelevant to me. I was merely posting MY opion!!! personally I think you are the one that has his distortion glasses on, but hey it is a forum and I respect your right to post your opinion.

and for the record I don't smoke and ride I was originally asking if pot was readily available in Japan, appears it is.

Pot is everywhere. Just ask any surfer you see. The problem is that there are consumptions laws here. That means that you can be charged for testing positive to a drug test. You don't need to be in possession of anything to get in a world of trouble.

Originally Posted By: ger
I think we can sum up that it's best NOT to smoke pot or do illegal drugs in Japan.

Weed is illegal in Japan, same as it is in most countries in the. People still smoke it. I don't see anything special about Japan.

Personally, even in a supposedly lax place like the UK I'd never consider it worth taking a drug if I knew I was going to get caught. But in reality the chance of getting caught is very small.
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Pot is everywhere. Just ask any surfer you see. The problem is that there are consumptions laws here. That means that you can be charged for testing positive to a drug test. You don't need to be in possession of anything to get in a world of trouble.

Is it really? Not round where I am it ain't. At least, not that I know of. Not really interested so I don't go out of my way to look but certainly compared to back home it is invisible.

Don't know any surfing dudes either, though perhaps that is the point. Comments and opinions will be based on the company you keep.