Kind of a wierd one, but whats the smallest place you've been to?

Theres a tiny place in Yuzawa called Tsuchitaru - there's like 200 meters of lifts and the same of course. It's just so small - and they still charge for the ticket. Some of my Japanese friends have a mansion near there and we went one day because he wanted to take his child there. Wild.

Fattwins...I think you got me beat... cool.gif

Blue Hills in South Boston...thats right...within the city limits of boston!

about 350' vert...I remeber once there was a 12" base...that was great \:D

good for a an hr or 2 of slalom training, not much else...

danz

Chacaltaya in Bolivia in December 96. Couldn't ski back then, had the shits anyway, up at 5300m and just a short glacier as a slope. Don't ask - maybe 300m. You gotta search for that one on the www.

Weird. eek.gif

Yanaba is tiny, but it is cool because it is just a big park. A nice place to go when you are in the mood for something different - want to ride some new lines.

I imagine some people go to the tiny places because they are super convenient or because they have no other options.

The little places have a different rythym and style. They suit a half-day or a couple of hour's riding perfectly. And if there's just one or two runs, you tend to concentrate on something other than the course - like your technique (well...)

Also the little places don't tend to get many punters so although they're small, you can enjoy the feeling of ownership, if you like that sort of thing.

I really missed Wada Toge this year. \:\(

actually...I hated blue hills...

the slalom training was never good...the hard core racing schools always got the side with the extra 2" of base...there was never enough snow to set more than 3 gates in a row...it cost $10...but it was definetly better than my 9am class \:D

really, there is nothing redeming about blue hills...

danz

my little place was built near a rock wall so there was a drop. You could huck it 30 feet if you wanted but the landing was ontario blue ice. I would go back to the little guy now though if I had to. 2 halfpipes abotu 15 jumps a mogul field. night sking for 20 bucks.