I find most of the food on sale on the hills to be either boring/expensive/mazui or a combination of all three.

James in his article this week said some resorts had good food which is good to hear, but what do you do?

I sometimes take some snacks on the hills with me and don't really take a lunch break with the usual curry-rice.

I always avoid the curry rice. Curry burps can spoil your afternoon.

The spaghetti or soba is usually a safe bet in the on-slope restaurants, otherwise I take bread and chikua to eat. Both survive brutalization well.

i have taken to stashin my pockets with sustanance for the day. initially i took the trusty chocolate bar for when the going got tough, but stopped for a feast early arvo at the slopeside dining establishment...however, post scoff i always felt lethargic and slow...would take nearly 2 hours to feel amped enough to hit the pipe.

..but now ive sussed the mini-meal. onigiri or two in the pocket keeps ya happy all day long and is not to heavy not to light - just right.

but last trip out i broke with the plan and took a sando. stuffed in a stuff pocket in my jacket that flowed free and open with the breeze in the balmy spring weather. however come feed time i was devastated to discover my beloved sando had left me, probly during some spill on the open slopes. i searched and searched to no avail.

gee. im sad just thinking about it. \:\(

YEah Im with mikazooki. A choco bar for eats, snickers are best but on super cold days I avoid them because the caramel freezes and is hard as a rock. Those are the big finger kitkat days. Also definately an onigiri. I like the torigomoku because its tasty and the seaweed is already wrapped around it so its easier to eat and you dont have to unwrap it = less gloves off times. They take squishing much better than the triangle ones too.

I usually dont really have "lunch" except for a drinks break but sometimes, esp when its really cold I have a nikuman or an oyaki. The oyakis at Nozawa are great and the nikuman at the bottom of the happo gondola I had last weekend kicked arse. And they are cheap too.

and a banana would be one of the last things I put in my pocket.

A guy I sometimes ride with said that he will always associate cheese bread with boarding. Why? One of his first days out we rolled up to the konbini as usual bought some on-hill munchies, him cheese bread, stashed it in his pocket and mid morning had a caught a big edge. Bamn! On his chest, the bag explodes and a big cheesy aroma out of the jacket.

Well I think its funny

there is a lot of interaction going on in this thread but i note a decided lack of concern for my missing sandwich.

did u miss the fact that i lost a sandwich on the slopes?

doesnt anyone care?

what if its still out there?

its about time u guys took a long hard look in the mirror and decide what is important. if a sandwich is killed on the slopes, sure its sad, but we know what happened. closure.

think about how others might feel for once.

ok im finished.

i hope we can be friends again tomorrow.

Nah Mikaz, I dont give a stuff about your sandwich. Konbini sandwiches here sucks so its probably better that you didnt eat it.

Now if youd lost a ski that would be different....

I think we should be more concerned with nekobis disposable camera that got lost, lots of goodies on there.

I remember seeing a few disposable cameras during the course of the season. If I had known one of them might have been nekobi's, I might have risked jumping off the lift to retrieve it (not out of some chivalrous urge to return it I hasten to add).

I also ran over some sandwiches too, making sure I got them with the edge.

Yeah, do they "clean" the slopes after all the snow disappears? You'd think there would be lots of things out there.