Originally Posted By: Mamabear
... (gotta tell ya, that was not fun on a snowboard - especially when one of the skiers to your left skied right - straight across your path!!...

One really good reason to talk to the people sharing the lift with you and find out where they're going at the top. doh
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Weegeoff
Thursday I think alot of people will find this offensive
monkey republice

But really. Compare those places to Africa, the whole continent, and India and surrounding monkey republics. It's like heaven.

Little geoff, I chose the words carefully in order not to offend. I think you may be a little sensitve if you're offended by the word "republic" rollabout
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Onto another topic, I find it offensive when people ask me 'what star sign are you?'. I can't help but be offended that they think me dumb enough that I would stoop so low as to pander to their utter stupidity.

Ranks right up there with ``What's your blood type?''
People get confused when I reply, ``X''
Originally Posted By: Slippery Jim
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Onto another topic, I find it offensive when people ask me 'what star sign are you?'. I can't help but be offended that they think me dumb enough that I would stoop so low as to pander to their utter stupidity.

Ranks right up there with ``What's your blood type?''
People get confused when I reply, ``X''

I really don't know my blood type which absolutely astounds most Japanese.

I'm offended by "reality" TV shows. There's nothing real about shows like 'survivor', etc. What a waste of electricity.

Good god, you don't mean you actually watch them!

You're dead right on that, JA, a good horsewhipping is in order for whoever thought up that idea.

I'm with Chriselle; there's not a lot that offends me, but plenty that pisses me off: people who try to get into the train the second the doors open instead of waiting for others to get off first; people who see you waiting for a taxi and walk 10 meters uproad from you and grab the next cab (that should be a capital crime with execution permitted on-the-spot); people (since this is SnowJapan) who scrape their way sideways down a powder field.

Originally Posted By: Slippery Jim
Good god, you don't mean you actually watch them!
You're dead right on that, JA, a good horsewhipping is in order for whoever thought up that idea.

Actually not, but I get to see the adverts for them between shows I want to watch, and just in passing between stations (they NEVER have the same time as the rest of the world! and that gives me the irrits!)

What annoys and offends me enormously is the attitude of many foreigners (and Japanese) that those of us born overseas who live here are just 'guests' in this country and we should just accept the way things are and conform to the culture. I've been here 5 years, I have bought a house and other property, I've paid all my taxes and had my first child here and have no plans of ever leaving so I most certainly do not consider myself simply a guest! And I'm definitely offended that it's going to take around 10 years for my wife and myself to get permanent residency because we're not married to a Japanese citizen.

GN, I hate to say that once you get your PRv nothing will change besides the stamp in your visa. On the flip side, it's been great to see how accepted my wife has been into the aussie culture and people don't think of her as Japanese (which is good because of this silly sea shepherd crap)

Originally Posted By: Indo
GN, I hate to say that once you get your PRv nothing will change besides the stamp in your visa. On the flip side, it's been great to see how accepted my wife has been into the aussie culture and people don't think of her as Japanese (which is good because of this silly sea shepherd crap)

Well Indo it will mean I don't have to worry about getting a sponsored visa anymore. So my ability to continue living here won't be so precarious as it is now. I know it won't actually mean we're anymore accepted, we'll always be 'outsiders' no matter what, but it'll be nice to know they can't just kick us out of the country on a whim.
Originally Posted By: Indo
And how is this?
Offensive? Learn to have a laugh and find the facts before whinging.
Americans need a good kick up the ass. Next it will be offensive to say that most Japanese like sushi!

http://www.smh.com.au/world/kfc-pull-cricket-ad-after-race-row-20100107-lw54.html?autostart=1

Indo being butt dumb as usual the yanks haven't quite realised that West Indians are not African Americans and racial issues occuring in the US are not the same everywhere else.

Ah GN I thought your wife was Japanese.

What exactly does that have to do with America anyway?? Its on Aussie telly right? GN you beat me to the punch, do Americans think that all black people are American??!! Idiots!

TB I think most of them really do struggle with the concept there are any other people on the planet who are not American or at least don't think exactly the same way as Americans do.

Possibly just the vocal minority, but they are the ones we hear about/from! Seriously in need of a reality check was that bird in the "news" commentary.

As I read in another forum, her and her co-commentator would have had trouble scraping up 10 functioning brain cells between them!