Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I have a little Christmas prezzie all packed in my bag for your precious little lass. I reckon she needs spoiling after the week she has had! wink

You're awesome MB! cheers

Yeah MB, drop off all the SJ pressies at GN's. We'll pop by to pick them up for payment of a beer to GN. Cheers thumbsup
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
Hitting Gran Deco tomorrow. The first day this season that they will be fully open.

Nice....I went there 2 years ago, really liked it. Very compact resort, nice runs at the top and when we were there it was quiet up until lunchtime, so we had the runs pretty much to ourselves!! smile
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
Hitting Gran Deco tomorrow. The first day this season that they will be fully open.

Nice....I went there 2 years ago, really liked it. Very compact resort, nice runs at the top and when we were there it was quiet up until lunchtime, so we had the runs pretty much to ourselves!! smile

Had a great day today. Will upload some pics later; snowed heavily all day, so no panoramas.

And I see it has shown up on the Webcam page now. Thanks!

Conbanwa!

Met up with Seemore and family on the plane. Nice family! thumbsup

Unfortunately there was a medical emergency on our plane and it was diverted to Manila, so we were late....and poor Seemore and Co missed their direct Narita to Sapporo connection, but from what I gathered they organized them a transport to Haneda and a new flight. Hope you are enjoying the Vale Seemore!

As for us - we have spent like a tornado thru Kanda, and are all kitted out ready to hit the Niseko slopes in TWO days.

groovy

Thanks guys - I think it put us 2 or 3 hours out, thereabouts.

But I wasnt exactly sure - our travel documents were an hour out, so while we thought we got the airport with HEAPS of time, we actually cut it really fine - not too impressed with our Travel Agents job! I also took a sleeping tablet coz I was SHATTERED before we got to the airport, I don't sleep well on planes and we had a big day planned upon touchdown - so I wasnt taking much notice of the drama or the delays!

It seems a woman may have miscarried - but again - not 100% sure. However our family took it really well - we were not fussed if it took us an extra few hours - we were just thankful that it was not one of us that needed the medical help.

Looking forward to heading up and trying out my new kit. Totally didn't buy what I had planned, but I am excited with it nonetheless. I got a 151 Burton Troop with SP Brotherhood Fastec Convenience Bindings.

Bus pulled in at 2.30pm.

We were on the chairlift by 4pm.

Not bad considering we got the run thru of the apartment, transport to the apartment, and had to unpack our gear (well just the stuff we needed) for 6 people, walk from the apartment, buy tickets and adjust bindings...

Called it a night just before 9pm.

AWESOME first day.

Getting used to the kit so we took it pretty easy, few teething problems with loose bindings (should have checked! NEVER rely on other people!), not adjusted bindings (the 17yr old - doh!), and sore feet from new boots - but all in all a great time. Few runs off the Ace Chair and a few underneath the Gondola = sweet!

Gonna sleep in tomorrow though. I am shattered. Been a tough week of non stop...I think I deserve a sleep in.

Enjoy Thursday [wicked grin coz I have just been thru it!]

Just remember if you don't remember it you can get it here - as long as you have your passports, plastic and cash!

ratherb@thesnow

LOL yep we sure did...and by about now we are wondering how wise the purchase was! The kids are chatting away on them all day long. My baby bear is even giving us his rendition of Halo sung while he rides up in the Gondola. Oh such a joy!

We got 10 of them from Yodobashi - they have a selection in a case on the 4th floor, different prices, different styles, some better than others apparently. Working well here. The sales assistant insisted that use of the Japanese transceivers in Australia is prohibited by Japanese Law.... doh lol ...but we bought them anyway. ;)Renegades!

So far they have come in handy for the kids to tell us to stop drinking and come home and cook them dinner, and to tell our mates WHICH bar we are in. thumbsup biggrin